1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Hey Guys!

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Poriggity, Nov 2, 2018.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Poriggity

Poriggity Scott SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2018 Odes Dominator X4

Hey everyone! My name is Scott, and my wife, kids and I are in escrow on a home that is on 10 acres. After much back and forth trying to decide between getting a tractor or a side x side for working around the property, I finally narrowed it down to a side x side. My father has a 2018 Odes Dominator x4 Zeus, so I called him up to get his thoughts on it, as he uses it on his 12 acres out in Missouri quite a bit. While talking, he mentioned that he is thinking about selling his Odes, and buying a jeep to tow behind his motorhome, so we got to talking, and it looks like I'm buying it from him. Its a 2018 with 13 hours on it, break in just done, and all fluids just got changed. I look forward to learning more about the UTV world, and look forward to any input anyone can give me on the Odes brand of UTV.

Thanks

Scott

2. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Welcome Scott! I don’t have any direct experience with Odes, but I’m sure other members will chime in. Sounds like a win/ win for you and your dad!

3. kscfire

kscfire Paul Event Coordinator

Side X Side(s):

2017 Polaris General Ride Command Edition

Welcome to the Nation, Scott.

4. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

Welcome to the Nation Scott!

5. Curt

Curt Administrator

Welcome to the Nation!
    You’ll find that while the Odes are decent machines they are lacking in aftermarket support. I’d research what you have available for dealer support in your arena before making a final decision if you haven’t already.

6. Poriggity

Side X Side(s):

2018 Odes Dominator X4

I have one fairly local dealer. Given the price I'm getting this 2018 for, it's really hard to pass up. Final price on the odes is close to half of what a more well known brand is. I'm looking at about $13k for a brand new 2018 with 13 hours on it. Hard to beat in my opinion... nut I can be steered differently as we haven't finalized anything yet.

7. kscfire

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris Ranger 900 Crew is $13,699, which I'm sure can be dealt down. Also, big choice of factory and aftermarket add-ons.

8. kscfire

Side X Side(s):

Scott,
    How is your search going? Did you end up buying you father's Odes, or are you still looking around? Looking forward to some pictures, when you finally get one. Good luck.

9. Poriggity

Side X Side(s):

2018 Odes Dominator X4

Hey Paul,
    I don't know why I never got notified of a reply to this post, but yes, I ended up buying my father's odes, and it's been a flawless machine. I've put about 12 hours on it since I got it, mostly just doing work around my property. Today I took my daughters on an hour and a half long ride around our community and saw some cool sights, and got some cool pictures... so here are a few photos of todays ride. I have been super busy with our home remodel the last few months and havent had much time to get on any forums, but I plan on coming around here a lot more now that things are slowing down some... community trip7.jpg community trip6.jpg community trip5.jpg community trip4.jpg community trip3.jpg community trip2.jpg community trip1.jpg

Rockin Ronnie, kscfire and Seastacker like this.
  10. kscfire

Side X Side(s):

Looks like plenty of riding right on your doorstep.

11. Poriggity

Side X Side(s):

2018 Odes Dominator X4

Yes sir, we live in a very rural area off of a dirt road, and I have tons of trails accessible just at the end of my dead end road. Can't ask for an easier way to get to some good riding!

kscfire likes this.
  12. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Welcome to the nation Scott! You are about to enter a very addicting habit of owning a side by side! Sounds like you got your machine at a fair price, as Curt said there is some issues with the brand, but hopefully you can find a way around them with a good local dealer. Glad to have you here on our site