1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

High lifter kit only 2"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mvm111, Dec 29, 2018.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Mvm111

Mvm111 Mark SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2017 mule pro fx le
    Massimo 700 msu

Can a high lifter kit be modified for 2"lift only ? Any higher it won't go in garage door ....most fokes say it lifts more than 2" ? I would think that modify could be possible with drill press just cannot figure geometry. Any body ever try. Brand new unit using stock tires/wheels.

2. Rhoda Mule

Rhoda Mule Gary SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT ESP My first Side X Side was a 551 Sheridan

My 2015 Mule Pro FX LE Has the High Lifter kit and the factory stronger springs and it clears my door a little over 1 inch. Give me you door clearance and I will check it with mine. R M

3. Mvm111

Side X Side(s):

2017 mule pro fx le
    Massimo 700 msu

Garage door height is 81". My unit is the le model. Stock springs and tires. Thanks for the reply thought maybe my question was not an issue for anyone else.
    Mark

4. Rhoda Mule

Side X Side(s):

Mark big problem, my door opening is 84" My mule stands at 82" to83" depending on where you measure it. You might call High Lifter and see if they can make what you need. R M

5. Mvm111

Side X Side(s):

2017 mule pro fx le
    Massimo 700 msu

I was afraid of that...another option I've been rolling around is to remove hard top and replace with sheet metal ? As my machine is still being shipped could you measure the thickness of your hard top.
    My unit will be the fx as I see yours is fxt. However it will give me a good idea.
    By the way your machine is top notch !!!!
    Thanks Mark

6. Rhoda Mule

Side X Side(s):

Thank you . If you remove the roof you might gain 1" at most. Sheet metal may make a very quiet machine less so. My advice is get the machine and use it, you may find that you can get by without the lift kit. Rhoda has a full skid plate so the kit I could have done without. Please let me know if I can be of help and good riding. R M

7. Mvm111

Side X Side(s):

2017 mule pro fx le
    Massimo 700 msu

Thank you very much. As I already have a rhino that is shorter not as wide and has 12" of clearance. It drags rocks all the time on most trails especially above tree line. I'm afraid I'll just tear up the mule pretty fast.However I will try stock first I hope you are correct it would save me some money.
    Again thanks....

8. Rhoda Mule

Side X Side(s):

Not wanting to mislead you. My Mule with four to six adults and standard springs banged rocks often also. The reason I installed springs and a lift kit. The full steel skid plate protected the Mule from damage and I could have lived with out the lift kit. For me the heavy duty springs was a must as I drive the Mule harder than the soft stock springs allowed ( too much body roll ). Having said all this, I would buy the Mule Pro FXT LE all over again in a NY minute. R M