1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Hitches & trailers

Discussion in 'Odes Nation' started by Norm, Jun 14, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Norm

Norm Norm SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2014 Odes Dominator 4 seat

Has anyone modified or tried something other than the stock rear hitch receiver. It has several placards about not increasing the length of the hitch beyond 7.3" and not overloading the tongue weight. I want to haul my fire wood trailer around behind our house but the bumper is in the way and the stock hitch is too short. I am thinking an aftermarket receiver bolted onto the rear frame might over-come the issue, but I am not an engineer. My trailer will not be heavy. I have a 2014 Odes Dominator 800 4 seater. any ideas?

2. Poriggity

Poriggity Scott SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2018 Odes Dominator X4

Honestly if the trailer isnt too heavy, I'd just build yourself an extended ball mount out of 2x2 square tube and run with it.

3. jweese1

jweese1 Jack SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2015 Odes 800x Dominator

For around $20 you can buy an extension from Harbor Freight. Take a coupon in and get it for $16 plus something for free.

4. wgarcar1

wgarcar1 ron SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

2016 polaris ranger 570 XP

Maybe this will help [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk