1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

How can I remove mud stains?

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by Dustinh6, May 9, 2020.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

1. Dustinh6

Dustinh6 Dustin SXS Nation Rookie

I have a 2019 CanAm Maverick X3 black in color. I’ve noticed after washing that I have what appear to be stains on the plastic and stickers.

Anyone have any suggested methods or products to safely remove the stains? I don’t want to temporarily hide them I want them gone.

I’m new to side by sides so any help is appreciated.

2. Rhoda Mule

Rhoda Mule Gary SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT ESP My first Side X Side was a 551 Sheridan

You can add me in on wanting to know this! Welcome to the Nation Dustin. R M

3. Jaybey

Jaybey Joe SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris Ranger XP EPS 900

I sometimes use simple green or mix up a spray bottle of Dawn and water.

4. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Ive heard Simple Green or Awesome cleaner (available at one of the dollar stores) work well. Once done Polaris says Pledge furniture spray or there are several products that are supposed to help with clean up. SC1, AmsOil has one, etc. Most are silicone based from what I understand.

5. sootman67

sootman67 Ben SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2016 Maverick XRS Turbo

The Amsoil mudslinger has worked great for me, black plastics, my EMP bumper and rock sliders (not sure what kind of paint is on it). soap and rinse first then mudslinger wiped in with a microfiber towel. bright and shiny, haven't noticed a whole lot of dust sticking to it either.

Seastacker likes this.