1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

How to Change Transmission Oil Ranger 570 FS

Discussion in '[ Ranger ] "How to Videos"' started by DieselFume, Jan 27, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Going over some tips/ tricks on dropping the old oil, and putting the new back in!

Jungleman, Ken and Seastacker like this.
  2. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

I think the torque spec on my old ranger was 10-12 ft lb. I always use a torque wrench because I have a bad habit of over tightening fasteners. Definitely do not over tighten these things! What seems like a little now will turn into a nightmare getting them out later. I striped the fill plug allen head on the old ranger and it was a half a day project getting it out. When it finally did break loose, it made a nice louder than normal “crack” sound to let me know I had over torqued it... oops.
    I also jacked mine up for better access, but also so it was more level. The ranger rear end sagged so bad that when it was level, it would take at least another pint of fluid.

Nice video!

DieselFume likes this.
  3. Jaybey

Jaybey Joe SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris Ranger XP EPS 900

Good vid Adam.

DieselFume likes this.
  4. Curt

Curt Administrator

Great info Adam!

5. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

I should use a torque wrench, but am still doing it by feel. I have stripped the threads out of the drain plug on one of our old 800s, but in 2500 hours that's like 30 oil changes!

My nightmare has always been that the drain plug doesn't get tight enough and I lose all the oil. That has never happened, but might be part of the reason I get them a little overtight. I wish they had steel thread inserts from the factory.

Jungleman and Seastacker like this.
  6. Ken

Ken SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

2013 Ranger XP 900 Sunset Red LE. 2009 Ranger 700 XP Sunset Red

Good information Adam. I might add I always put my plugs back with some anti seize grease on the threads. I do use a torque wrench to set mine and others i work on. I have had my share of removing stripped out plugs and they are no fun.

CFDTuc, Jungleman and DieselFume like this.
  7. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

Good advice Ken, The antiseize really does help. I think the Orings stick as much as anything, and anything to help stuff break free is a plus in my book.

Jungleman likes this.
  8. Jaybey

Jaybey Joe SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris Ranger XP EPS 900

Are you sure you shouldn't turn it upside down and shake the trany fluid out?

DieselFume likes this.
  9. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

only in extreme cases!:D