1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

I need help

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by hdrdglide79, Jan 16, 2020.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. hdrdglide79

hdrdglide79 Dustin SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2018 Can Am Maverick x3 turbo xds

I purchased a 2018 Can Am x3 around March of 2019, it was brand new at a dealership. Around June it went into limp mode. Took it to the dealer and they kept it for a few weeks, then sent it to another dealership. They had it for a couple of months. So around day 90 they call me to come pick it up. That they weren't fixing it and that Can Am had voided my warranty. There explanation was that I had installed a blow off valve on the turbo and that someone had tampered with the ecu. I did the whole back and forth thing with Can Am and they were Not willing to help me at all. Now one of the guys that worked there told me that the engine was no good. So now I have a 24,000 utv just sitting in my carport. Any advise on this situation would be appreciated

2. Rhoda Mule

Rhoda Mule Gary SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT ESP My first Side X Side was a 551 Sheridan

Welcome to our Forum Dustin, Sorry that you are having trouble with Can Am. What I would do if I had your problem is, go on the Can Am forum and state your case, ask if any one has had a similar problem. Contact the BBB and write up a factual compliant. Call back to Cam Am and ask for a product manager, (be nice) if you do not get what you want, ask to speak to his boss, (be nice). This may be the result of your dealer causing all your problems. Ask Cam Am about your dealer, why they would send the SxS to a different dealer? I hope this is of some help. R M

3. phm14

phm14 Peter SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2020 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE, 2019 Grizzly 700 EPS, 2017 KTM 500 EXC

Did you add the BOV & flash the ECU? Can Am isn'nt exactly known for good warranty service, so I'm not at all surprised to hear they refused a modded vehicle. I've read numerous accounts of them refusing warranted service on legit issues with brand new bone stock machines. One of many reasons I'd never own one. What exactly is wrong with the motor? Your best bet may be to put everything back to stock, if you did reflash the ECU and add the BOV. From what I've read, begging Can Am will just lead to more frustration and delay. Sorry you're having this trouble...big bummer, especially on a brand new machine. Now that your machine is noted as "modded-warranty canceled" in the Can Am system, I doubt you'll ever see any help from them on it. If I were you, I'd fix it, sell it, and buy a Yamaha, Honda, or Kawasaki. :)

Rhoda Mule likes this.
  4. Rhoda Mule

Rhoda Mule Gary SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT ESP My first Side X Side was a 551 Sheridan

One of the best things about this forum is what you learn from other members, thanks Peter. R M