1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Ignition issues

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by Wmann, Sep 1, 2020.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Wmann

Wmann William SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Dominator

Hello all
    I have recently purchased an odes dominator 2018. It has starting issues in which it will not start at all, or even worse will not turn off until every fuse is pulled out. Dealer cant figure out the issue despite installing a new ignition system. Currently I have a kill switch I have to use since the can will not stop running while everything else is off. Has anyone had any issues like this?
    Thanks
    Bill

2. Quaddin4real

Quaddin4real Jason SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2005 Polaris Ranger 700 xp efi

Hello, I haven't had this problem but chasing electrical issues is one of the hardest things to diagnose. I'm not sure how much money you want to sink into it but if your kill switch works then keep it, I would definitely add some kind of battery disconnect. Sound like an ecm/ecu problem though.

3. Wmann

Wmann William SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Dominator

Thanks for the reply! I figured I'll keep the kill switch and save the money for the time being.

4. 89sandman

89sandman Biff SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Yxz, Rzr

I'd start at the key switch.