1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Insert Tool

Discussion in 'Prowler Nation' started by Richard Davidson, Sep 4, 2016.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Richard Davidson

Richard Davidson RD SXS Nation Insanity

Side X Side(s):

2009 Arctic Cat Prowler 700 XTX

Repaired my spare engine case today. I picked this case up for almost nothing[​IMG]! Cylinder/head bolt holes were damaged. An early repair was attempted with a heli-coil! Not sure who, or when it was done, but they used a 3/8 X 16 coil! Factory bolts ar 10mmX1.25! Close but no cigar! I usd my trusty "Big Sert" tool! It is a 4 step process.
    1) Drill the old hole out using[​IMG] the supplied drill bit.
    2) Countersink the hole with the supplied cutter
    3) Blow he chips out and tap the hole using the supplied tap.
    4) Use the install tool to install the insert, the tool also locks the insert in once it is seated.

I changed the process on mine, as I opened up the bolt hole to 5/8" using a countersink bit. The insert needed to be 3/8" b DSCN5050.JPG DSCN5046.JPG DSCN5047.JPG DSCN5048.JPG DSCN5049.JPG elow the deck surface. The inserts for 10mmcome n 3 different[​IMG] lengths 10mm 20mm, and 30mm DSCN5050.JPG

Attached Files:

Seastacker and Piston Honda like this.