1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Jump Box died

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by FloridaAl, Oct 8, 2019 at 7:09 PM.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Tags:
  1. FloridaAl

FloridaAl Alec SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2013 Polaris Ranger 900XP; (2011 Browning Ranger 800EPS, SOLD; 2005 Ranger 500, SOLD.)

What type, brand or back-up do you carry to deal with a dead battery when in the boonies? I had a supposedly good jump box I kept under the drivers seat. Made sure it was charged regularly. Checked the "4 lights and it's charged" lights more regularly. The day the battery quit (Thank goodness I was home unloading from riding. Had left my fan over-ride switch on.) the great jump box did nothing.
    Thinking of carrying a back up battery.
    What other options, ideas or suggestions are available?
    Thanks.

2. wgarcar1

wgarcar1 ron SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

2018 polaris ranger 900 XP

Hi al
    I switch battery every 2.5 to 3 years no matter what condition it's in, as a maintenance/preventive.
    The battery is connected to a battery tender plus at all times when garaged.
    Also every year I clean and spray white lithium on the terminals.
    I carry a set of jumper cables within the emergency kit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rhoda Mule likes this.