1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Just sold the home ... and the Ranger

Discussion in 'Ranger Nation' started by alyaz, Nov 16, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. alyaz

alyaz Al SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2011 Polaris Ranger 500EFI

Just sold our home/acreage on the Island and the new owners are buying the Polaris Ranger too. They will let us use it until we hand over the keys in March.

I want another UTV or ATV, but very unsure what to look for next... The Polaris Ranger has actually been very good, but ... Any suggestions are appreciated :)

2. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Where are you moving to?

I don't know what to tell you on a new vehicle, with your maintenance skills, I think you would really love the Ranger 570 full size, even with its flaws. I only really know the Polaris line soooo...

3. Jungleman

Jungleman SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2007 Polaris Ranger 700XP LE

No problems with the 2017 570 crew down here and very easy to service. The Kawasaki Mule seems to hold up well .......Not real quick & NOT easy to service.

4. alyaz

Side X Side(s):

Alright will start snooping around with the 570 but likely won’t pull the trigger till we get situated, around February.

Moving to the interior of BC around the Shuswap Lakes area. The wife’s parents are a mess and need help, so we will go help out for a bit... Didn’t see that coming. Oh well, it’s a nice area. Going to an acreage on a small lake, so it’s all good.

DieselFume likes this.
  5. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

I wanted a kawi mule bad, but my local polaris /kawi tech pushed me away from them. Said that they are very difficult to work on, not that reliable, and parts are out of sight expensive. I don't need those problems!

The 570s have had normal Polaris issues, prop shafts at 500 hrs, drive clutches at 700-900 hours, steering racks at 1100 hours. And then the front cv spline issues.

Even with fighting with warranty, they've payed at least $1500 per machine already, so it has played fof itself.

They tell me that the Kawasaki warranty program is equally hard to deal with

6. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

Best of luck on you're move, and check back it with us when u get settled!

alyaz likes this.
  7. alyaz

Side X Side(s):

Thanks. I will probably be bugging you more before I move.

I want to get this CVTech clutch tuned properly for the lady and will do all the fluids/filters for her before I hand over the keys somewhere around February :)

DieselFume likes this.
  8. rangerman01

rangerman01 jeff SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2020 ranger 500 2020 ranger 570

just got a 2020 500 ranger and 570 full ranger not even a month ago .570 is awesome, great machine .500 on the other hand is already in shop not even 50 hours and getting error codes thrown

9. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

I loved my Ranger but if you like to go on longer rides look at the General still have the bed but also bucket seats much more comfort!