1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Kawi 4 Year Extended Warranty Worth it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scatch, Oct 1, 2017.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. scatch

scatch Senn SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT

New to the group and excited to be here...buying a new Pro FXT and dealer is offering an additional 4 years of warranty for $999 and wondering if you all think it's worth it? Thanks in advance!

DieselFume likes this.
  2. rocksalot

rocksalot James SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Ranger 900
    Ace 570

Don't those come with a 3 year warranty?

I have ridden Polaris since 1996 and have never bought an extended warranty and have never needed it. ( I hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot by saying that.)

Given the opinion that most people seem to have on Polaris reliability vs Kawasaki reliability I guess that would be a no for me.

DieselFume likes this.
  3. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, 3 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All doomed for hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Hi and welcome to the Nation Senn!

You need more specifics on the warranty, and then you need to decide what you are willing to live with.

If I were you I'd want to know a few things-

How long is the factory warranty?

How long do I have to purchase extended warranty?

But maybe more important is this- How long to you plan to own your machine, and how much do you plan to use it?

If you're only planning on using it maybe 100 hours or 700 miles a year for the next 5 years, I'm not sure I'd worry about a warranty. However, if you're thinking of running a couple thousand miles a year ove the next 5 years, I think warranty would be a good option.

Another thing- Kawasaki parts cost more than Polaris parts. A simple dive clutch can cost as much as $700!

So the argument for warranty would be that one service visit could pay for the warranty policy entirely.

Now if you have 3 year factory warranty, which I think comes with the mule FXT from the factory, and you're paying $1000 for only two years coverage, then I'm not sure how good of a bargain you're getting. Especially if you're planning on trading every couple years?

Now if you can wait until year 3 to put the warranty on, and you think at that time you're going to keep it, and that you'll need the warranty, then it's an issue for 3 years down the road in my opinion.

Hopefully that didn't confuse you more than it helped.

Take care, and again, welcome to our forum, make yourself at home!

4. scatch

scatch Senn SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT

Thanks for all the replies...great info!

5. Z15

Z15 Michael SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2016 Polaris RZR 900 EPS Trail Matte Turbo Silver

Read the extended warranty (not really a warranty but a service contract) contract very carefully as there may be stipulations that you cannot live with. Such as using a dealer for all service and maintenance, no modifications (oversize tire, exhaust) to the vehicle.. Some (Polaris for instance) even state just modifying it automatically voids the extended warranty regardless if such mod is the cause of failure. Whats more, dealers can be sob's dealing with them.

6. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, 3 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All doomed for hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Very true! Found out the same thing on the extended warranty contract I'm considering buying. Right there in small print . "Not for farm or commercial use " it costs an extra $100 to get covered for that.

Plus they won't cover anything considered normal wear and tear.... which can be up to the dealership or warranty representative..... or pure dumb luck. I've had a lot of parts replaced under extended warranty, but I run a lot of miles and have a very good relationship with my dealer and shop mechanic. Even wire that, there's many things a dealership won't be able to get pushed through