1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Limping Ranger

Discussion in 'Ranger Nation' started by Ranger Jimmy, Nov 18, 2020.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Ranger Jimmy

Ranger Jimmy Jim SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2013 Ranger 800 EPS EFI

Hi all Ranger lovers. I'm a new B to the Nation so if I post improperly or mix up threads please let me know. I love my ranger but since I had an over heat problem it has been in some sort of limp mode. Not wanting to exceed 3000 rpm.
    First I repaired that problem be replacing thermostat, impeller,mech seal and temp control sensor. The overheat problem solved. So with research I first checked the fuel pump. With key on 52psi and bleeds down in a minute to 30psi. With engine the fuel pressure is a constant 56 psi ant all rpms I can increase to. I took it to a dealership and they wanted to replace the entire electrical harness. I asked why and their reasoning was it looked bad... Not saying what wire or potential areas of concern just tossing out that the wiring goes bad . I did not care for their troubleshooting techniques or their inflated price for the harness and labor cost to install. So I ended up doing it myself. Lead down a dead end. NO CHANGE. I have asked others and some suggestions have been to check seat belt sensors (I don't have), Emergency brake sensor which is different, I have checked out or replaced the Crankshaft and Camshaft position sensors, adjusted Throttle position sensor and replaced the TMAP sensor. I'm at a loss. The only error codes thrown were when it was over heated. Now no codes. Any thoughts or thread suggestions would really be appreciated. I have a need to ride.
    Thanks in advance
    Ranger Jimmy

2. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

Couple of things; Do you have proper RPM's in neutral? did you go through the procedure to reset the TPS?

3. Ranger Jimmy

Ranger Jimmy Jim SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2013 Ranger 800 EPS EFI

Hi Pede, Thanks for the reply. Since my post I have been going through some wiring that were not part of the whole wiring harness replacement. I did find some hot spots on the EFI wires. Played with them a bit and gained a quick 1000 rpms. "Replacements on the way" A far as the TPS settings, Yes I have but will recheck after replacement of EFIs/wires. I have been chasing this problem for way to long. Hope this works.
    Have a good Thanksgiving & stay safe.