1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a 4 seater

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by Pgrider, Jul 6, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Pgrider

Pgrider Jason SXS Nation Rookie

In the market for a 4 seater sxs, not really brand specific but key factors are power, ground clearance, noise, warranty and best bang for your buck. Meaning a lot of machines have the base models or slightly upgraded. For example we would like a stereo roof and winch and probably a half windshield. Some models come with a roof but necessities like winches are an additional cost. One that comes to mind that I like is the 3019 commander max limited, however it just seems really low to the ground. Also here in Canada they are 27000. Not sure how much dealers will move on price or not . So looking for feed back from people who have the 4 seaters pros and cons

2. wgarcar1

wgarcar1 ron SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

2018 polaris ranger 900 XP

In the year 3019 you're probably going to find something like that but I'm not sure of who makes it LOL
    best for your buck I think is the Polaris ranger or general crew.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

I'm sure a lot of us wont be around then. Good luck finding a ride!

4. Pgrider

5. Pgrider

So nobody had insight it’s not a unrealistic question. Guess I should go to another sight with more experience

6. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

I think a lot of people are just busy with the holiday weekend jason. Plenty of 4 seaters on here. I am happy with my General 4. I did a build on it this past winter since I prefer to make them how I want (see my signature if you are interested). The General is sold in different trim levels. The General 4 really only has the base and the ride command edition. The base on the 4 seat is sort of mid range trim in that it comes with alloys, a winch, front bumper, etc.
    I have not brushed up on warranties lately, but last I knew most were 6 months which is pitiful for a machine at this level.
    My best suggestion is to go and drive a couple. Commander, General, Ranger, etc and see what feels best. You may be able to rule a couple out right away. You may find one that fits you best and end up doing a couple mods to meet your needs. I personally went a little overboard on mine and fell a ways down the rabbit hole, but it’s 100% to my spec now and I am thrilled with it so far.

kscfire likes this.
  7. Pgrider

Thanks for the reply. I live in an area that is 8 hours from a major city, with that being said we have all the big brands here but you can’t just go take a machine out and 2 of the dealers are horrible and that is can am and polaris. I will be going to check out the genral in Tuesday. The tyrex in my opinion is under powered and the engine makes it quite hot. One of my main reasons for this is to take my twin grandsons out for rides so comfort is a big thing and noise fits into the comfort. That’s why I’m looking for opinions. I like the commander but from online reviews the general beats it.

8. Seastacker

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

That’s a bummer on your dealers. It seems most will at least let you take them for a spin in the parking lot or back field if they have one. They really can make or break a purchase experience.
    I think you will find the General well laid out and pretty comfy. Plenty of power on tap. I have never had the pleasure of driving the the commander or the Kawasaki. I was lucky enough to ride with someone for several hours and drive a General 4 before I bought. After that, I knew it was the right machine. I don’t know that I think they are “quiet”, but they are certainly not loud in my opinion. Mine barks a little more than stock, but I also have an MBRP exhaust. In stock form, they are not too bad.

9. Pgrider

I guess I should of explained better, with noise I am mostly referring to cab noise. I have heard some are louder than others in the cab just like some get hotter than others because of engine placement

10. wgarcar1

wgarcar1 ron SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

2018 polaris ranger 900 XP

Tri the RANGER CREW[emoji2400] XP 1000 EPS NorthStar Edition

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

11. Curt

Curt Administrator

Like Carl I’d recommend the General. It’s sporty with a 1000 cc engine, comfortable, and is still able to haul some things.
    Polaris has the best aftermarket selections to for roofs, windshields, Radios, etc.

kscfire and CFDTuc like this.
  12. Ryan88

Ryan88 Ryan SXS Nation Rookie

They are all really great suggestions, have you looked at the Yamaha Wolverine X4? It's quiet and responsive. It's only a little difficult to get in-and-out of for a adult, depending your size. I have driven a Teryx4 a couple times. It has a lot more power than you think it does. It will do anything you want to and excitingly, it is a little noisy and to cab can get warm, which is usually welcomed in the fall, Winter, and Spring up North. My understanding it is that the general and commander are noisy as well, and the cab can get warm as well, especially the commander. Maybe somebody else who owns a general can shed light on that. The best Bang for your buck is the Kawasaki Teryx4, Yamaha Wolverine x4, or Ranger 900xp crew. Both the general and the ranger are fantastic machines but can get high centered in situations where you are going to do any rock climbing or going over a Hill that has a sharp plateau at the top. It's a bummer your dealers won't let you try them out

13. Pgrider

Think we decided on the Wolverine x4 the reviews are top notch and they are short. Think it will be a good fit plus you can tune them a bit

Rockin Ronnie and Seastacker like this.
  14. Ryan88

Ryan88 Ryan SXS Nation Rookie

Let me know how you like it

15. Seastacker

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Keep us posted on how you like it. I really like those X4's.