1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Loss of power in low gear

Discussion in 'RZR Nation' started by Yourskye, Jul 6, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Yourskye

Yourskye skye SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2014 rzr 800s

Hi all. I recently acquired a 2014 rzr 800s. It is losing power in low gear but doesn't in high gear. Also. The back cargo deck gets really hot to the touch. Any help would be appreciated. I am a rookie and learning as I go.
    Thank you

2. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

When you say loose power what do you mean? Like hitting the rev limiter? Engine runs but falls on its face? Runs up then looses rpm? A little more description may assist. Any lights or warnings popping up on the dash?

3. Yourskye

Yourskye skye SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2014 rzr 800s

Engine runs and all of a sudden it as if not getting any gas. Kind of yo-yo's as if you were pushing on gas and letting of multiple times. No errors or lights. If i stop and put it in high it doesn't happen at all. Only in low gear.

4. RWB713

RWB713 Richard SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2018 Polaris RZR XPT4

How fast are you going, and is it always at the same speed? Are you sure you're not just hitting the speed limiter?