1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

MAHINDRA 750 XTV ELECTRICAL ISSUE

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by Charles6078, Oct 29, 2018.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. Charles6078

Charles6078 Charles SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Mahindra 750 XTV

I own a Manhindra 750 xt, the battery is not staying charged, it has died 3 time, brought to the dealer, they can not find anything wrong with it, they checked for a parasitic drain, the battery, and all circuits, nothing. I am suspicious, I know it is an Intimator with Manhindra badging, so I called an Intimator dealer, was advised the rectifier may be bad, Manhindra will not change the rectifier, at idle it is showing about 12.4-6 charging amps, which according to them in ok, yet on a new 750 Intimator it is showing 13.1 amps at idle. My question is what is suppose to be at idle? Can I find it in writing anywhere? Manhindra has not been helpful even at the corporate level. Looking for some help. Thank you

Ishoeum likes this.
  2. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Seth Moderator

Side X Side(s):

Honda Pioneer 500
    Yamaha Wolverine X2 R-Spec

Generally, the voltage should be higher than that at idle. Why won't they fix it under warranty?

3. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

If the factory and dealer wont help then go to plan B. Take pics of your machine and a short explanation of the problem then add the names of the people you have spoke to that have given you no help. Start posting them everywhere you can, on social media, every forum, even send copies to the dealer and factory. Post them on poles around town with the dealers name on them and how they don't stand behind their product. Call the local news TV station and explain to them the problem and you cant get help. They like good news stories!! If you get the word out and name names you will get results sooner or later. Bad publicity is the company's worst enemy, once they know your gonna fight them, they will be on your doorstep to make amends. Just be sure your honest in your advertising!

Quaddin4real and Piston Honda like this.
  4. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

12.4-12.6 is just battery voltage. Definitely not charging, at least at idle. Does it go up at all when revved? Not too many things that can cause this. Primary suspects would be the voltage regulator or the stator. The dealer should be able to diagnose that easily with a manual that has the proper specs to look for and a multi meter.

Piston Honda likes this.
  5. Charles6078

Side X Side(s):

Mahindra 750 XTV

Yes it does go up to 14.1 when revved up, without something in writing to prove it should be pushing 13 or above at idle, I can not get any traction with them. I called intimator yesterday, zero help. This is frustrating to say the least.

6. Charles6078

Side X Side(s):

Mahindra 750 XTV

I am not sure why they will not fix it, the dealer at first did nothing but start it everyday for a week, then called me saying nothing was wrong with, after I told them I was calling Mahindra, the dealer called the tech line and the "service manager" with Mahindra to see what they could do to diagnosis the issue, of course they can not find a drain on the battery, all the circuits are good and so on. There is so little technical information out there about this units, I am fighting in the dark, just trying to get something to say what amps it should product at idle is like trying an appointment with POTUS. Thanks

7. Stacyloveslife

Stacyloveslife Stacy SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Mahindra 750

This is the problem. You cant putt around on it. I'm replacing the battery on mine and dont know if I should get a battery tender or get rid of it! Mahindra 750 XTV

8. Cattleman

Cattleman Ira SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Mahindra Retriever

Where is the rectifier located on the Mahindra 750 xtv