1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

maverick fueltank leaking

Discussion in 'Maverick XC, & X XC' started by steven yongsma, Sep 13, 2018.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. steven yongsma

steven yongsma steven SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

can-am maverick Kubota RTV900

I bought a 2017 Can-Am Maverick last August .We went to the Hatfield McCoy ride and were smelling gas .After we returned home I found the leak it was on the seem of the stamped steel tank . I contacted my dealer he was quick to inform me that warranty was over at 6 months . I told them that I felt it was a defect and would they please contact Can-Am foe me . Can-Am agreed and replaced the fueltank . I had told the dealer that it seemed like a lot of pressure in the gas tank when taking off the gas cap ! He told me that the check valve opened @5psi and that would seem like a lot when taking the cap off . Two months later my tank is leaking again ? Cam-Am is replacing the tank . Nobody is telling me why iam on my third fueltank in 13 months . I really don't think I want that check valve on there any more !

DieselFume likes this.
  2. PlumberSteve76

PlumberSteve76 Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 Can am Maverick
    2015 Can am Maverick Max

I had a issue with my 13 maverick leaking gas from a bad weld where the fuel neck connected to the tank. I jb welded it up a couple years back and it has been good every since.. Not saying you have the same issue just saying I think those seems are a common problem.

3. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Seth Moderator

Side X Side(s):

Honda Pioneer 500
    Yamaha Wolverine X2 R-Spec

It sounds like that check valve may not be opening.

Seastacker likes this.
  4. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Has th
    Agree. I would at least be sure they/ you check at what pressure its opening.

Piston Honda likes this.
  5. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Steven,

It's good that Can Am is stepping up on this, but I think you should replace the gas cap as well. If it's not relieving pressure it's not helping your fuel tank issue. Not that they should leak like that from the seams anyway, but you should not have much if any pressure when you take the cap off. Something is up there. Can't imagine a fuel cap is too expensive, IMO it's worth a try.

Piston Honda likes this.