1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Measured Tire Height

Discussion in 'Tires & Wheels' started by RWB713, Mar 13, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. rocksalot

rocksalot James Team SXS Nation

Side X Side(s):

Ranger 900
    Ace 570

You guys are measuring the height mostly from what I see in the pictures and that is good if that is what you want to know.
    But the manufacturers specs are diameter which needs to be measured across the tire which is easy to do with two framing squares.
    You don't get consistent results between vehicles measuring height because of weight and pressure differences.
    My 27x11-12 Bearclaw HTR's measured 27 3/4+ diameter when they were new but the mounted height on my 900 Ranger with weight on them was close to 27 inches.
    But even measuring diameter some manufacturers specs are still way off.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    Seastacker likes this.
  2. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

True. I also measured mine on the machine. I’m sure with no weight on the tire and using the method you described I would be a lot closer to 30”.

3. RWB713

RWB713 Richard SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2018 Polaris RZR XPT4

I should have specified, I do run beadlocks with air pressure that low, but i don't have issues at all (unless i hit rocks at 40 in the wash.... but everyone's gonna have an issue then)

4. Jaybey

Jaybey Joe SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris Ranger XP EPS 900

The sidewall flex worrys me because it impacts the life of the tires. I will hold on 15 psi for now.