1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Metric Rant

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by Pede, Jan 11, 2020 at 8:38 AM.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

So I'm working on gators but found the same thing on most everything I wrench on. WTF is up with having to use both metric and standard wrenches, I know a few sizes are very close but when everything is supposed to be metric.....like I said WTF... everything on this gator has been metric until I get to the tranny drain plug, took a 1/2in, then the clutch cover bolts...3/8 and both were a perfect fit. My last bitch is with the clutch puller threads, suppose to be 14mmx1.5 and that screws in good for about a 1/2in then it starts working on the threads of the puller bolt, like it's stripping it, this was on 2 different clutches, I got both off and still have yet to try a 9/16 fine thread....but i will.

DieselFume likes this.
  2. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Yep...gonna get even worse with so many parts made overseas. Even American co are mixing threads and fasteners depending on where the parts are made. I just keep both on hand to ease the frustration

3. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

100% Agree. Make it one or the other! I end up with twice as many tools out as I need. You can tell I'm real frustrated when I have both racks of sockets and both racks of wrenches out on the floor with me at the same time just to save trips back to the box. :mad: