1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Michigan’s Governor signs HB 5639

Discussion in 'NEWS From The Nation' started by Curt, Dec 29, 2018.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. Call Me Al

Call Me Al Dennis SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Polaris rzr s1000

I just reopened this thread today and am wondering if this post was directed at me. If so, I thought you should know that I am involved. I have been a member of the club (for over 10 years) that maintains the Bummers Roost and Red Bridge trail system. We took over the maintenance for those systems 5/6 years ago. The club holds two maintenance weekends in accordance with the DNR regs and I have missed maybe two weekends. As past treasurer of the club, I know that the state doesn't check on many of the trails to see if the work is being done properly by the clubs paid to do so. Its how the club became the caretaker of the two systems as the previous caretaker was taking the money but not doing the work and it was only after a member of the DNR board who is in charge of the trails happened to attempt to drive down the Red Bridge system and found it nearly impassable did the individual loose them to the club.
    While I have no problem with paying for the permits, I do have a problem with possibly being fined for being on a trail that hasn't been marked properly because the club responsible for the trail fails to do its job.