1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Miichigan Snowmobile Association to represent off roaders?

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by Call Me Al, Apr 14, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Call Me Al

Call Me Al Dennis SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Polaris rzr s1000

In case you haven't heard the Michigan Snowmobile Association (MSA) is headed towards becoming the sole representing body to the state for the off road community. I'm don't know what most think of this but I'm totally against the MSA having anything to do with representing the orv community as they are far to biased against orvs' riding in the winter. I have made my objections known to Ms Mittendorf via the linked page and emails. I know of no polls among off road riders taken to ask our opinion of this nor has there been any discussion on any forms of social media i.e. facebook, twitter, etc. In my opinion this is a back door attempt to gain control of who uses the trails in the winter, nothing more. For those of you who don't ride in the winter here in Michigan, I guess its not a big deal but I learned the hard way a long time ago, once a foot is in the door, no matter the activity, changes get made and some of them aren't for the better. Click on the link provided for the entire notice from the MSA. Notice that you must be or become a member of MSA to vote and the relatively short notice for doing so. I stated in one of my posts that if they were sincere in being our voice, they wouldn't have give such short notice nor would membership in their organization be a requisite. I don't believe they have our best interests at heart.

Facebook

2. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Sorry to hear this, sounds like politics at work!

Call Me Al likes this.