1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Mule FXT engine

Discussion in 'Mule Nation' started by RedTruckVC, Sep 23, 2017.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. RedTruckVC

RedTruckVC Valerie SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Kawasak FXT

Just bought this machine after narrowing down my choices between Honda Pioneer, John Deere 625i, and the Mule 4010. I loved the Mule' s box size, standard equipment, price, size until....I drove it! Thought it would jar my teeth loose!

After the salesman suggested I drive the FXT, it was a done deal! Rides great, super big box for hauling wood, three person seat.

However, having done no research on this machine I am curious to know more aout the engine ...DOES Kawasaki manufacture the engine, or like, John Deere, have they gone to a Chinese engine like some of the Gators?
    I have not been able to find anything on the net regarding the engine. The salesman told us the engine was previously used in their jet ski?

2. Curt

Curt Administrator

I don't know the answer, but I'll bet @jmarco89 does.

jmarco89 likes this.
  3. jmarco89

jmarco89 Justin SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2016 Mule ProFX EPS Black

Welcome Valerie. And congrats on the new mule!

The engine is made by Chery. They are a Chinese manufacturer. The 3 cylinder engine has been used for years in various machines. It originally started out in the very first John Deere 825i and still used to this day. Since then companies like Joyner have picked it up for their machines. They modified the ecu added turbos and even nitrous to make them crazy fast. So the little engine has been around the block a time or 2. Kawasaki picked it up in late 2014 for the new mule pro series. It's a great motor. Has a ton of torque. For me it is lacking a little power. Top speed of 47 is decent. But it takes a little while getting there. They came from Kawasaki very detuned. I believe they have a lot of potential left untouched. Have you got a service manual for it yet?

Let me know if you have any other questions!!

DieselFume, Seastacker and Curt like this.
  4. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Congrats on the new machine the chery three cylinder engine is an outstanding motor with good power and very smooth . been very reliable for those that are using it now . the fxt is a great platform and really is second to none in terms of reliability and ride. it would be one of my top picks so hopefully yours is great to you ! keep us posted.