1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

My first extended drive 2017 Raider 1000 LT

Discussion in 'Odes Nation' started by randyf, Nov 26, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. randyf

randyf Randy SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2017 Raider 1000 LT Zeus

As I mentioned in another post, I just bought this technically used. Came from a dealer who bought it at auction with 1 hour on it. Last weekend I was able to put some serious drive time on it.

I am on the low side of 50 so I like to have fun but I am too old for some of that crazy shit some people do on these things. I live in the heart of the farm belt in western Illinois & there are a lot of dirt roads so that is what the days ride consisted of.

I have no frame of reference because I never had one of these & only once drove another one. A few things I noticed:

Drives like a jeep, sounds like a chainsaw - is it me or are these things noisy? My wife & I still have our snowmobile helmets with communicators in them. I find that it might be easier to hold a conversation with those on. Couldn't imagine what it would be like if it was piped.

As I said, I'm older but I find I have to put on my readers to see the gauges. And what the hell? No oil pressure gauge?

I am 5'10". The daughters boyfriend is 6'3". It was funny watching him drive like he was behind the wheel of a Smartfortwo. Should have took a pic.

Like that LED on the roof. No problem seeing with that on. Just don't turn it on while your parked next to the front window & your wife is looking at what your doing. Doctor said her vision should be a okay in a couple of days.

Does not sip the fuel. Drove it for 2 hours averaging about 30 mph. Figuring 60 miles on 5 gallons of gas. My F250 with a V10 does better (I know - I didn't buy a hybrid). Maybe because we are still breaking it in.

Speaking of break in, how long for that? I'm thinking 10 hours & then change the oil & filter again & it should be all set. Any thoughts?

FYI I found the blogs on Scooters page helpful (Scooters Powersports). Lots of tech although it does not look like it has been updated recently.

2. Oldguy

Oldguy Randy SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Odes Dominator X LT

10 hours is right for break-in, you can down load a manual for i from Odes. The snowmobile helmets are a great idea,, I have an 800 X2 LT and it is quite loud in the cab.Light bar? Yep , it's bright, lights up the 40 x 60 barn nicely, My 800 isn't that bad on fuel till I start pushing snow, sounds like that will happen this weekend (6 - 12 with 30 mph winds) I have a 2019 so I haven't plowed with this one, my 2017 liked her fuel. Run non-ethanol premium, it helps. The Zues could use updating, oil pressure, odometer would be nice, with the gauges, I'm 10 yrs older....memorize where the "norms" are instead of reading them, you'll go blind. Enjoy the ride, stay safe

randyf likes this.
  3. Buellblackbelt

Buellblackbelt Adam SXS Nation Rookie

so how did it plow compared to your older model? bout the same?

4. Oldguy

Oldguy Randy SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Odes Dominator X LT

Works great! The heated seats are a god send. As far as performance, they are comparable, the 19 seems a little stronger. I set my blade on a 1 x 4 then set my skids to the concrete so I leave 3/4 inch behind, keeps my gravel driveway where it belongs

5. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

For gravel a rubber wiper is recomended along the bottom, usually sandwiched between blade bottom and wear bar. This is supposed to keep gravel in place.

Oldguy likes this.