1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Need help finding a tube

Discussion in 'Forum Help, Suggestions & Feedback' started by RJTaler1717, Jun 14, 2018.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

?

Any suggestions?

1. Tell me where to get a tube

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Other suggestions welcome

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RJTaler1717

RJTaler1717 Russ SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2014 T4 LE

I recently aquired a 1" tear in the side of my 28-10-14 Sedona Rip Saw Radial. Some people suggest buying a new tire and others suggest patching the hole and putting in a tube. The problem is I cant find a tube (14") to put in the tire. Any suggestions would be appreciated. x

2. rocksalot

rocksalot James SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Ranger 900
    Ace 570

Get it vulcanized and have a big patch glued over the hole. You won't need a tube.

We did that on our rock crawlers and it worked great on cuts quite a bit bigger than 1 inch..

You could probably even do it yourself. It would be easy to sew up a thin sxs tire.

3. RJTaler1717

Side X Side(s):

2014 T4 LE

Can't find anyone that vulcanizes in my area. This tire is very thick and a Honda tech told me he's never seen a Rip Saw do what mine did. I will give it a try myself if I can't get any tire places to help. Thanks

rocksalot likes this.
  4. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Hate to tell ya this, but every rear 26/11/12 sedona I've had has torn the sidewall at one time or another. The fronts never did.... Part of the reason I quit running them.

How old are they? I contacted Sedona by e mail and they warrantied my two rear tires, twice, I paid out of pocket for the others. Their customer service was great.

Also, I've had one vulcanized, Don't waste your time and money with it. The cost to vulcanize is half of the new tire cost, and it will just crack out again down the road. Mine did. You'd be better off replacing the rear pair in my opinion and having one good spare.

Best of luck!

5. RJTaler1717

Side X Side(s):

2014 T4 LE

I did write Sedona but haven't heard back. This tire has about 25 miles on it. I did find a tube and a local mechanic/rider told me he has patched sidewall tears successfully before. I don't think he vulcanizes anything. He mention putting an adhesive in the tear, patching and putting in a tube. I figure its worth a shot. I want it put on the rear as I figure it might suffer less abuse back there. I put the same size tire (28/10/14) on all four corners. Anyway, like I said, its worth a shot and being 61 years old, I'm past the rip-n-roar days. Thanks for your input.

Rockin Ronnie likes this.
  6. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Seth Moderator

Side X Side(s):

Honda Pioneer 500
    Yamaha Wolverine X2 R-Spec

I wish this question had come up before I put 26x10-12 Rip Saws on all four corners. I don't have much hp so maybe that will keep me from tearing a sidewall. I went with the same size all the way around so I could rotate the tires. I'm wondering if that will make it worse by weakening all four sidewalls equally.

Do you have a reason for the sidewall tears or did it just happen over time?