1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Need new tires for my RZR 800 Trail

Discussion in 'RZR Nation' started by PNGento, Oct 1, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. PNGento

PNGento Rob SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2013 Polaris RZR 800 Trail

I need new tires for my 800 RZR Trail. Almost all riding is in the desert and I don't ride aggressively. I currently still have stock tires 25x8-12 and 25x10-12. I also have a set of Polaris 14" rims so wondering if perhaps there are good reasons to use the 14" over the 12" rims.

Further, I wonder if perhaps I could move from the 25" tires to 27" tires? What would I gain besides a bit more ground clearance (which would be a good thing I'd think).

Finally, if someone has a brand/model of tire they would recommend for my ride and my type of riding, I'd also appreciate that.

2. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

There are way to many tire brands and types out there to chose from. I put the same size tire and wheel on all four corners of my General and really think it handles a lot better. with taller tires yes you get a little ground clearance but you will loose a real small amount of low end if you not a fast rider then you will never even know it. Being you already have the 14'' wheels I would look at 14' tires as there are more to chose from in the larger wheel size. For a good all around tire I like the bighorns but even then I may get a different tire here in the near future.

3. Bonesrzr

Bonesrzr Kenneth SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

08 Rzr 800

I put a set of 27" tires and wheels from a 2019 general on my Rzr 800. The general wheels are actually narrower offset than the stock wheels so I used 1" inch spacers. I did have to grind the corner off the right side motor mount so it wouldn't rub. If the wheels you have are a 4-3 offset you should have no problems. I did install a clutch kit and I think my 0-40 is really close to stock but I did lose about 5 mph on top end speed. Stock my Speedo would show 62-63. With 27s I get about 58-59.