1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

New 2018 Mule Pro FXR EPS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jmarco89, Jun 7, 2017.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. jmarco89

jmarco89 Justin SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2016 Mule ProFX EPS Black

Well Kawasaki let the teryx guys down. Rumor had it a 1000cc better riding teryx was coming but never showed up.

But they did put out another machine for the mules. From what I've seen everything is about the same as far as suspension and performance goes. The roll cage is slightly different as well as the front end. Has more of a teryx look to it. I really like it but it really doesn't seem worth to upgrade to me. Price is still to be decided

Still no locking front diff and very low intake height again.

On the plus side they look like they redesigned the bench seat a little bit. Maybe more comfortable? Also front and rear steel bumper and a roof is standard

2018 MULE PRO-FXR™ EPS MULE™ PRO Series Side X Side by Kawasaki

[​IMG]

Seastacker likes this.
  2. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 Polaris Ranger 500 EFI Mid-Size

I like how the Kaw's are built. Its not a SXS, but there is a Brute Force quad on display at our local costco and that thing is built like a TANK! Very solid/ nice looking machine. Im sure their SXS are built with similar "tank-ness".

3. mazdaparts

mazdaparts Jason SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2016 Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT

Yes they are built very heavy and solid.

4. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, 3 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All doomed for hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Don't know why they would've re-designed the roll cage and not went to an integrated cab setup like polaris did. Right now polaris is so far ahead just from that aspect alone. I really want a new mule, but things like the cab system and their parts being ALOT more money are holding me back.

5. jmarco89

jmarco89 Justin SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2016 Mule ProFX EPS Black

Yeah I know what you mean. There is a few other companies out there making cab kits now for the mule pro fx and fxt now but they are still pretty high on price compared to the Kawasaki cab.

If they could go to a set up like either the ranger on even the Can am defender I think that would be a huge step up for them and could possibly have even more potential customers