1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

New Defender HD8 XT owner

Discussion in '800 HD8 all models Inc. Max' started by Lastmohecken, Nov 23, 2018.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Lastmohecken

Lastmohecken Nevada SXS Nation Rookie

Well, it seems kind of dead over here on the Defender Forum, so I thought I would get it going a little bit. I spoke for a new HD8 XT Camo last Wednesday. I will be going to pick it up sometime this coming week. I bought the 3 seater model, (single row seats) because I wanted to keep it short, to get into tighter places and hopefully not drag as easy the longer buggy.

I hope it makes me a good machine, with minimal upkeep. I like the XT package pretty good for a starter machine, and will not be doing too much to it for a while. Probably the first thing I will add is some breakaway side mirrors, and next will be probably a half windshield. And I will want a light bar of some kind.

I almost bought the Yamaha Viking and will probably be second guessing myself for a while until I get some confidence build up in the Defender.

I will update on my experiences with the new machine, after I get a few miles under my belt.

2. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Very cool, congrats! Can’t wait to see some pics. Seizmic has some really nice mirrors. I have the pursuits on mine. They are very nice but a little spendy. They also have a plastic model (strike?) that is the same principal, just not the aluminum housing like the pursuits. Check out Mic Tuning for the light bar. Nice quality at a very appealing price. With light bars, the sky is the limit.

3. Curt

Curt Administrator

We definetly need to see some pics!

4. Lastmohecken

I am picking it up on Saturday, maybe have pictures later, if I can figure out how to post a picture on here.

Seastacker likes this.
  5. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

congrats ! Will be waiting on some pics and your thoughts

6. Lastmohecken

Here's a picture. My apologies, I didn't really mean to get duplicate threads going. But so far, I am very happy with it, no real surprises or disappointments.
    I think it has plenty of speed and power for me, but might want a mild lift and or bigger tires, eventually, but I believe I can do about all that I need to with it as is.
    I did post a little more lengthy post on the general side by side forum as to my experiences with it so far if anyone gets over there. I will probably add a few things on it, as I see the need, and want to spend the money or fabricate it myself, as time goes along.

Attached Files:

Rockin Ronnie likes this.