1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

New GPS set up

Discussion in 'GPS & Software' started by Seastacker, Apr 23, 2018.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

9295B0E0-35AB-4515-970B-2FD464EFA8C9.jpeg DBA96AEA-C7C6-4E4B-B413-9E4563857CD6.jpeg FE67AFC2-0294-45B4-8BDE-683AFCFCA511.jpeg I figured I should have half an idea where we are going. Also with all the new forrest roads open in Michigan, this should help keep me legal and explore a bit. I got a refurb Garmin 50lm. Put a RAM ball with backer plate on my dash and a short RAM arm. GPS is in a RAM aqua box. I got the maps from VV Mapping here in Michigan. I will report back after our first ride.

Bigtim69, TG-OK, Curt and 2 others like this.
  2. Dave

Dave Dave Administrator

Side X Side(s):

2017 RZR XP4 1000 turbo

Love vvmapping it's what I plan all of our rides with.

Seastacker likes this.
  3. Seastacker

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Good to know. Jeramy over there was GREAT. I had some tech issues on my end (some sort of permissions error on my Mac Book Pro) that he knew how to fix instantly. So far I have gotten the maps into Garmin's Basecamp and that's about it. I was going to start messing around with how to plan a route and transfer that into my GPS. One step at a time I suppose :)

4. Dave

Dave Dave Administrator

Side X Side(s):

2017 RZR XP4 1000 turbo

I does take some time and practice to get the route planning down. I actually prefer mapsource over basecamp for planning the rides.

5. Jaybey

Jaybey Joe SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris Ranger XP EPS 900

Have fun with BaseCamp (its a PITA) Create an adventure then transfer it into the Garmin and vise versa, take a good long ride and save the route and transfer it back into BaseCamp. I really like Map Source but Gamin is not supporting it now days. It was much, much more user friendly than Base Camp.

6. Seastacker

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

I actually looked to see if I could get Map Source still. From what I read, it was not supported on Mac's anyway. I started watching a few videos last night to get started. I will mess with it more when I have more time.

7. GaryL

GaryL Gary Moderator

Side X Side(s):

Ranger 900 Crew

It looks good Carl...anxious to see how it works for you.

Seastacker likes this.