1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

New guy from TN

Discussion in 'Mule Nation' started by JimFromTN, Apr 2, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. JimFromTN

JimFromTN Jim SXS Nation Rookie

Came on here a few weeks back trying to get advice about which UTV to get. I had allot of people suggest Polaris but I ended up with a Mule. I couldn't afford brand new and a Mule seemed like the best choice for my needs. I am a proud owner of a new to me 2009 Kawasaki Mule 4010 4x4. Unfortunately, like most investments, the initial cost isn't the end of it. So far I have purchased but not installed yet, a 2 inch lift kit, rear view mirrors, rear skid plate, and cv joint covers. I still need to purchase a winch and possibly a brush guard.

I do have a question about the receiver on the back. Why doesn't anyone make a rear 2 inch receiver for the 4010 mule? I want to get a one point lift system for food plots and they only make them for 2 inch receivers. I could get a bar that goes from one inch to two inch but I would rather not.

Seastacker likes this.
  2. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

Congrats on the new mule!

May have to shop around I would think somebody would make on or you could make one yourself!

3. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Awesome! Congrats on the new purchase! I have always liked Kawasaki’s stuff for sure. Heavy and well built. Keep us posted on your mods and adventures with it. In terms of the hitch I’m surprised it didn’t come with one..? I will do a little poking around the internet, but like Ron said, that would probably be an easy diy mod if needed.

4. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

If you have the tools and skills, making your own stuff can be exciting. I prefer home grown ideas myself.

5. Curt

Curt Administrator

Welcome to the Nation!
    Those Mules are pretty tough machines.