1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

New mule pro fxt owner

Discussion in 'Mule Nation' started by LaMay2018, Apr 28, 2018.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. LaMay2018

LaMay2018 RJ SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2018 mule pro fxt ranch

9798D4A7-9893-4CC6-9D64-897D3C04778A.jpeg Any lift kit advice? I have looked at high lifter and grm. Seems like high lifter changes angle of shocks more then the grm. Any issues with that?

We love our mule so far, it is definitely a hard worker.

jmarco89 and kscfire like this.
  2. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Nice machine, congrats!
    @jmarco89 may have something to add with the lift.

jmarco89 likes this.
  3. GaryL

GaryL Gary Moderator

Side X Side(s):

Ranger 900 Crew

Congrats on the new ride RJ!

4. Bigdeer2000

Bigdeer2000 Todd Team SXS Nation

Side X Side(s):

, Kubota 1100x, 1968 m274 military mule

Welcome to the Nation. Good looking machine.

5. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

Welcome to the nation RJ!

6. kscfire

kscfire Paul Event Coordinator

Side X Side(s):

2017 Polaris General Ride Command Edition

Welcome RJ. Congrats on the new ride.

7. jmarco89

jmarco89 Justin SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2016 Mule ProFX EPS Black

Welcome aboard RJ! Personally I would go with the highlifter lift kit. I reccomend it to everyone looking for a lift. Couple reasons. Cost being #1. GR is listed at $350 and you can only buy from a dealer and highlifter can be found under $200which you can get direct, amazon or just about anywhere. GR will give you around 3 inches of lift and the highlifter kit will be anywhere from 3.5 to 4 inches of lift depending on the machine. As far as components go they are identical. Just a basic bracket lift front and rear. Not sure of the GR warranty but highlifter has a lifetime warranty. They stand behind their products. The biggest reason I tell everyone to go with the highlifter kit is customer service. Not trying to start a pissing match but the owner of GR has a I’m better then everyone attitude. Really rubs a lot of people wrong. He hasn’t been very helpful the multiple times I’ve seen him around on various forums. Everyone over at highlifter is great to work with. That’s about all I say for that lol anyways for the ride comparison. After I installed my lift I kept running the factory 26” duro tires. The ride was damn near identical. Very little difference. Still rode like a Cadillac which we all know and love. The ride was the main reason for me going with the mule. Also Keep in mind you are changing the center of gravity of a 1900 pound vehicle. So it will feel slightly top heavy. I got used to it pretty quick and it isnt even noticeable anymore. I ran that setup for about a year before I needed new tires. Once it was time to upgrade tires I went all out. Got a set of highlifter front and rear arched arms to pair with the lift kit. I’m now running a set of 32x10x14 tusk terrabites. Love the look and ride. Let me know if you have any other questions about the lift. If you go to the mule section here you can see my install on the lift kit for my mule. And if you’re on Facebook check out the group Kawasaki mule pro. Very active group with a bunch of good guys that can answer any other questions you may have

Travelmule18 likes this.
  8. LaMay2018

LaMay2018 RJ SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2018 mule pro fxt ranch

Thank you for the info, very helpful. The ride was a concern of mine I didn’t wAnt to change that. I just feel like it needs a few inches to get over rocks and sticks on my property and they look good lifted a little. The high lifter seems to be what most people use. The machine is going in for 30 hr service this week then I will probably be putting the high lifter under it. Thanks again.

jmarco89 likes this.
  9. Curt

Curt Administrator

Nice Ride!

10. Rhoda Mule

Rhoda Mule Gary SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT ESP My first Side X Side was a 551 Sheridan

Sorry for the late reply. I too am running the HighLifter Kit. I also chose to replace the factory springs with their heavy duty springs. The springs removed most of the body roll at the expense of the soft ride. For me a good trade. I agree that the HighLifter kit is the way to go. Hope this is of some help. RM
    Nice ride LaMay

LaMay2018 likes this.