1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

New to the game & researching!

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by steveyp, Oct 5, 2020.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. steveyp

steveyp Steve SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Currently Looking!!

Hey All,
    Just joined after searching the forum, seems like there's a ton of good info & knowledgeable folks out there! I did some research but couldn't find a recent thread for my question. Basically, looking to get into a SxS or ATV now that I own some land with a couple buddies, for use on our land and the local trail systems around us. Upstate NY for reference. I own sleds, bikes & jet ski's so not new to owning a powersports toy or buying, maintenance, use ect... Trying to pinpoint how much more maintenance & work is involved with a SxS compared to an ATV. I'm assuming more, but not sure how much more. I'm sure a lot depends on how much you beat on the equipment. But with more parts and the machine being larger I'm assuming a SxS is more work, and thus more expensive to maintain. Any thoughts? If it helps, realistically I'm looking at Polaris RZR 800's (to stay legal in NY trail systems) on the SxS side and Honda, Yamaha or Polaris ATV's probably a max of 500/570 on the ATV side. Using it, mainly riding around the land, mudding and use on the trail systems (most are dirt roads and gravel or rocky trails). No rock climbing, crazy mudding or anything extreme. Will be buying one that's unmolested as well. Thanks all!

2. RetiredGuy

RetiredGuy Michael SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2020 Bennche X4 1000cc SxS

Sorry Steve sent post to you vs another. Please disregard

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020