1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Newbe from Tennessee

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Twangmaster, Dec 9, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Twangmaster

Twangmaster Dennis SXS Nation Rookie

y'all... recently retired new member here, just stopped by looking for information. I'm looking into buying my first sxs for my wife and i to have some fun with. We live close to the Powell river in NE Tennessee, surrounded by hills with plenty of exploring area close by, with a lot of it accessible without trailering. Kind of leaning towards a Can-am but have No real brand loyalty, still trying to figure out what we want. Always welcoming suggestions and recommendations.

2. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Go and look at all of them...each will have pros and cons. Sit in them an go for a ride, if the dealer wont let you ride , find another dealer!! You may have to drive some distance, but it will be worth it when you find the machine that fits you. There is an awfull lot to choose from out there, shop hard and shop wisely!

hcsd0341 likes this.
  3. Rhoda Mule

Rhoda Mule Gary SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT ESP My first Side X Side was a 551 Sheridan

Welcome to the forum Dennis. Airshot gave some go advice and I can add nothing that he did not cover. Hope you will share with us how things go with your SXS hunt. R M

4. kscfire

kscfire Paul Event Coordinator

Side X Side(s):

2017 Polaris General Ride Command Edition

Welcome to the Nation, Dennis. PM Sent to you.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  5. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

Welcome to the Nation Dennis !

6. hcsd0341

hcsd0341 Scott SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Polaris 900s x 2

Go to Tommy's Motorsports in Clinton ask for Phil Carr. They sale pretty much every brand imaginable and will let you sit and ride also. The event that brimstone has in the spring would also be a good starting point if you can wait that long as they will have several different brands represented there and do test rides. I would suggest signing up for a test ride early on though.

7. FloridaAl

FloridaAl Alec SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2013 Polaris Ranger 900XP; (2011 Browning Ranger 800EPS, SOLD; 2005 Ranger 500, SOLD; 2016 Mahindra mPact 750S, SOLD.)

Welcome. Find what you want and then I suggest casting a wide net. I drove from North Florida to Chattanooga for my current ride and saved huge. Plus, met some nice folks.