1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie - Looking for at a SxS

Discussion in 'Pioneer Nation' started by kodaclr, Aug 27, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. kodaclr

kodaclr Chris SXS Nation Rookie

Hi All,
    Newbie here and need some advice. Looking at a Honda Pioneer 700-4 at a dealer, brand new but its a 2017....Do you guys see any problems with that. A 2017 still on a dealer lot, and they have a couple.

Just wondering what your thoughts are. Thanks

2. kodaclr

Would anyone consider buying a new still on dealer lot 2016 1000-5
    I guess I don't under why a 3 year old SxS is still on a dealers lot.

3. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Nobody was interested in that model !!
    The Pioneer has a full auto transmission similiar to a car and can be very expensive to repair. In my area, the Honda automatics dont sell very well due to high repair costs, but in other areas they are sought after. If it were just what I wanted and the price was right....why not?

4. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

I agree if it fits your needs then why not should have a factory warranty if its still new and can save a few bucks that's a few dollars to get some add on's you may want!

5. kodaclr

Thanks,
    Without getting to technical...is there a big difference between say Honda pioneer transmissions and Polaris ranger transmission.
    You say that Honda repair cost are high, just wondering why, and do they have many problems.

Thanks

6. kodaclr

Saving a few bucks is good.
    My needs are mostly using it on 30 acre wooded property,nothing major, getting from point a to point b. moving some wood, maintaining food plot, got a tractor for that though.
    Might do some trail riding with friends in the future, this is all new to me, never had a UTV before, trying to figure out whats best for me.

Thanks for the feed back.

7. rocksalot

rocksalot James Team SXS Nation

Side X Side(s):

Ranger 900
    Ace 570

Honda's 3 different sxs's use 3 different transmissions.
    The 700 uses a torque converter, three speeds I think, and no low range so it is limited in power under certain conditions, especially high altitude.
    The 1000 uses a double clutch transmission with electronic controls. They had many problems with the first couple of years burning clutches and that '16 model will need to be updated with some new internal parts if it hasn't already been. I don't know when the free update ends so you would need to check that before you buy.

8. youngpowersportsofogden

youngpowersportsofogden MANUEL SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Honda Talon, Kawasaki Krx 1000, Honda Pioneer 1000 700 500, Kawasaki Treyx Treyx4

give us call and well be able to help you find one 8013943403

9. Ginterx

Ginterx Michael SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Polaris general

I had a 2015 pioneer 700. The thing was hammer tough. I put 5000 hard miles on it I replaced tires twice changed oil and brakes, and that's it. Oh and drove it like I stole it. Only reason I got rid of it is the ride was rough.