1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Newby doing research on first sxs

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Hotrod363765, Feb 2, 2020.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Hotrod363765

Hotrod363765 Jeffrey SXS Nation Rookie

Looking at buying my first sxs. So far I'm liking what I see in the Honda pioneer 1000-5 but it's early in the game. Looking to read opinions on the sxs's available today.

2. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Most machines are well made today. Each have there pro's and con's, so not one machine will be perfect! You need to research based on what your going to do with it. You "Do" need to go and sit in each one and take each for a ride! If the dealer wont let you ride then find another dealer. Be prepared to do some driving, never make a choice because it is convienent...
    The best buy is not always the best choice so shop around. Your gonna drop some big bucks so make your search count.

Hotrod363765 likes this.
  3. Jaybey

Jaybey Joe SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris Ranger XP EPS 900

Another think to consider Jeffery is who is going to do the maintenance on what ever you decide to buy. Each machine has it problems when tring to change a belt, oil. or add accessories. Some of the machines are real pigs with it comes to maintenance.

4. Hotrod363765

Hotrod363765 Jeffrey SXS Nation Rookie

What do you guys think of the transmission vs belt pros and cons?

5. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Been using belt driven (CVT) trannies for more then 20 yrs and not one issue. Belts are cheap when compared to the cost of repairing a mechanical tranny. In my area, the auto clutch 5 speed Hondas sell well but those with the electric shift and mechanical tranny are harder to sell.

6. Rhoda Mule

Rhoda Mule Gary SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT ESP My first Side X Side was a 551 Sheridan

Jeffery Welcome to SxS Nation. Please make a list of what is important to you in a side by side, most important on top, least on bottom. My wife an I did this and it and we were able to find the wright SxS for us. If you shear this list with our members we can help you.