1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Odes experience

Discussion in 'Odes Nation' started by Chick, Mar 12, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Chick

Chick Charles SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2018 Odes Comrade

What has been your experience with Odes. Mike Smith or the Comrade?

2. Chick

Chick Charles SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2018 Odes Comrade

Is there no one that has any experience with Odes?

3. Curt

Curt Administrator

There’s quite a few odes guys here, not sure why they aren’t responding.

4. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

5. Odes EH

Odes EH Ray SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2015 Odes Dominator 800 2x

I am enjoying mine.
    Don't know much about sxs in general, so no area for comparison.

Am I concerned about my machine if something goes wrong or need a part?
    From what I have seen yes, as there are not many dealers available for instant parts. Any place I speak to asking about Odes parts the standard type of answer is "oh it's that Chinese thing" & "we don't carry any parts".

Found a guy that sells Odes new and does have access for parts (got my snow blade, oil filters from him) but he is over 2 hours away, so again, if I need something will have to schedule a time to pick it up or pay a bit for delivery. Either way can't go to a local ATV / UTV dealer for help.

I found my unit used at a great price for a 800cc machine with very little mileage. Price I paid was near the same for a used name brand ATV.
    I am handy and like to fix things myself, so perhaps getting the Odes was good for me.
    Looking forward to spring to play more. Snow clearing duty is over for my Odes.

Oldguy and DieselFume like this.
  6. robmic67

robmic67 Robert SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2018 Odes Dominator X2 1000

Mine has been great so far. I love mine. Sadly, I travel a lot so only get to use it a couple times a month but when I do its hard and lots of miles.

DieselFume likes this.
  7. Oldguy

Oldguy Randy SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Odes Dominator X LT

Got mine as a 2017 hold over. Put a Denali 72" plow on it for snow. Am slowly finding out some parts interchange. Can-Am c.v. boots, taking mine in for the 50 hr service, going to be brain picking as to what else does. No real problems, c.v. boot, but that's common. The dealer I bought from closed so , the. Closest place is over w hours away as well. Sorry about the slow response, were working a lot of o.t. and I don't spend much time online then.

8. jweese1

jweese1 Jack SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2015 Odes 800x Dominator

Bought mine used. After I got it home, the trans. wouldn't shift into reverse or park. The guy I bought it from told me it was the linkage and it needed adjusted. Wrong, took it to a dealer, he told me the trans. was bad, $1800 to put in a new one. I took it home and ran it around in low and high to places I didn't need reverse. I went out to the garage one day and was going to ride, when I got in the shifter was in park. Imagine my amazement. My grandson was the last one that drove it. I quizzed him and he told me it just went in to park. He didn't know that it had never been in park as long as I had it. What happened? I have no idea but it has been working fine ever since. Other than that, I really like the machine.

9. mattj

mattj Matt SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2013 Odes Dominator

I've only had my late 2013 dominator for a few months. I have found a few concerning things. The crank case vent was inadequate, wiring harness secured to frame with metal hose clamps. Other than that I am extremely pleased with the thing. I just inspected the CVT belt. Its got a cvtech secondary and cvtech belt. Ready for some summer riding!

10. mattj

mattj Matt SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2013 Odes Dominator

Oh, and most Rhino parts are very close to 1st gen dominator chassis parts. Anything running a Rotax 800 twin (Can-Am Commander) will have parts for a dominator motor. Just research your specific part and 9 times out of 10 you can find it on either a Rhino or Commander. That's why they call these thing Chinos!

Oldguy likes this.