1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Odes files chapter 11

Discussion in 'Odes Nation' started by randyf, Dec 19, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. randyf
  1. randyf

randyf Randy SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2017 Raider 1000 LT Zeus

It looks like they are seeking bankruptcy protection. It would explain the lack of dealer support, inability to get parts and owners issues getting warranty claims processed. Also explains why they have not released anything on 2020 models.

I knew that getting one of these was a gamble, but I wasn't expecting them to go BK. Well I guess we will see if they emerge from it or end up liquidating.

DieselFume likes this.
  2. Chick

Chick Charles SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2018 Odes Comrade

I can't say I am surprised. After the rotten experience I had with them, and the piece of junk they sold me. I had all kinds of lies told to me, and was lucky when they finally refunded my money, to avoid being drug into Lemon Law Court.

3. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Hopefully one of the other underdog companies will merge with them and get things straightened out. Just another example of poor management costing others many problems and finnancial losses.

4. GeeMann

GeeMann GLENN SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Odes Ravager

As a member of the Powersports industry I will just say weekend warriors should know what they are talking about before writing. While it's not my place to say exactly what happened here with the bankruptcy, things are not always as they appear. If you go to a website for "Sportsman Country ", you will find Odes has merged with one of the largest Powersports companies in the world. BTW, I love my Ravager If you do proper maintenance, you will not have problems.

5. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

You will have fewer problems, it wont remove problems! Look carefully at the issues under consumer complaints and you will find a number of quality control issues, that preventative maintenence wont fix.

6. randyf

randyf Randy SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2017 Raider 1000 LT Zeus

Glenn, I reported the facts that are out there - Odes has filed for bankruptcy protection in a Texas court. Merger or not, this is a company with some problems. Take a good look on this site & you will see people that are having some major issues without recourse or resolution.

As for the weekend warrior thing, I am done laughing so I will end there.

7. Chick

Chick Charles SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2018 Odes Comrade

Proper maintenance will stop the problems. Excuse me while I ROFLMAO. The one I had, I did not have time to do any maintenance except to change the oil the first time. It stayed in the shop, NOT getting fixed. Best advice DO NOT BUY ODES.