1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Oil coming from pvc into air filter

Discussion in 'Odes Nation' started by Captain68, May 21, 2020.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Captain68

Captain68 Kirk SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2018 Dominator X2 1000

I have a 2018 dominator X2 ltz with 80 hrs on it. A jackass took it upon himself to add oil and put too much in it. Well it spit a bunch of oil into the air cleaner compartment. I have since changed the oil at around 60 hrs. Oil level is correct, but it still want to puke oil when the rpms get above 5000 rpms. Doesnt smoke at all out the exhaust and i just took the air filter off and washed it real good to get oil off. Could the valve(pvc) be bad??? Im at a loss......
    Any help would be awsome!!!
    THANKS!

2. ak4life

ak4life c SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2013 800 odes dominator

I have the same issue with oil coming from tube, its a blowback hose i believe and has been puking oil ONTO the exhaust making it horrible to ride in..
    ..wish we could get help from the people who built them....geesh!

3. Captain68

Side X Side(s):

2018 Dominator X2 1000

I have bypassed the PVC and it goes straight into the air breather now. It still will put oil into the same area. It starts and runs fine. It doesn't smoke what so ever from the exhaust pipe. I'm getting ready to take everything off to check plugs and see If any oil residue is on them.

4. Captain68

Side X Side(s):

2018 Dominator X2 1000

No oil residue on the plugs. I was told that Royal purple tends to foam a lot. And that is probably the reason. We will see, I'm going to try Amsoil and see what happens.