1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Our Responsibility

Discussion in 'Forum Help, Suggestions & Feedback' started by Jaybey, May 21, 2016.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Jaybey

Jaybey Joe SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris Ranger XP EPS 900

I got to thinking today about what we as UTV/ATV riders do and where we go and how we get there. When we purchased these awesome machines we assumed a huge responsibility to our families, friends, our wallet, the non-riding folks and our world.

I am not trying to be green here but we need to be in this writing just mentioning a few things and hoping I don’t offend anyone to much. Our responsibility to our family and friends is to be safe and come home in the same condition as when we left. Our bodies without cuts, bruises or breaks, our machines in good running order without broken parts if possible :)(things happen), and our world.

The world is our environment. Remember the adage “take it in, bring it out.” Please pick up your trash and if it isn’t asking too much bring some other trash out with you. If you see a site with a lot of garbage type trash collect some of it and dispose of it in the correct manner.

Down here in southern Arizona I encounter what are called “lay-ups”. That is a place where groups of illegal border crossers have stopped to rest and eat. About 95% of the time these lay-ups have a bunch of trash from food cans, water jugs, backpacks and clothing scattered all over. Every year a group calling itself “Hunters Who Care” ventures out into the desert looking for the lay-ups to collect and properly dispose of that trash. The first time we did that adventure we had about two hundred volunteers show up and we collected twelve tons of trash. That’s right 24,000 pounds of stuff. As a result of these efforts I carry a couple of large trash bags just in case.

Please don’t let your riding areas become trash dumps. Thanks for reading this tirade.

Expat, Pitbull_1, fender and 6 others like this.
  2. wixthedog

wixthedog Mike SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Intimidator 750 Crew

Well said. As the saying goes, I always leave a place better than when I found it. I spend a lot of time on private shooting ranges and staying true to this means you get an invite back, or even better, a purchase order!

By the way, don't you mean undocumented immigrants??? :)

Limo Driver and WagZ like this.
  3. GaryL

GaryL Gary Moderator

Side X Side(s):

Ranger 900 Crew

I seldom take a trail ride where I don't pick up a bag or a bottle and haul it out with me. If everyone just did a little we could all have better places to ride.

Expat and Limo Driver like this.
  4. Jaybey

Jaybey Joe SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris Ranger XP EPS 900

Any way you want to be happy with these criminals, even if all they want is the chance for a better life, they are here illegally. So undocumented, illegal, or travelers they are criminals in my mind. I had to play the politically correct game for too long when working now I am retired or retarded and they should not be littering my country.

Expat, fender, wixthedog and 3 others like this.
  5. Jungleman

Jungleman SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2007 Polaris Ranger 700XP LE

Jaybey, have you notified Obama , Pelosi or Hillary Clinton about these federal law breakers ?..................

Fswan, DieselFume and Seastacker like this.
  6. Richard Davidson

Richard Davidson RD Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2009 Arctic Cat Prowler 700 XTX

Words of Wisdom! Thanks Jaybey

7. Dave

Dave Dave Administrator

Side X Side(s):

2017 RZR XP4 1000 turbo

Thanks for the post. Very well said

8. naylor649

naylor649 Team SXS Nation

Side X Side(s):

2015 Ranger 900XP

Very well put. Thank you.

9. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

I run into the same thing on my boat, to many people don't clean up after themselves. Every trip whether on the boat or my UTV I always find other peoples trash to pick up. Perhaps the fines need to be much much stiffer and more tickets handed out. With everyone having cell phones nowadays perhaps more pics of people throwing there trash should be given to the DNR, police or whomever so help slow down this epidemic.

10. Craig Sterley

Craig Sterley SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

'14 Commander Max

Did a 2 day trip last summer into Michigan's UP and it made me sick to see the places where fences, even concrete barriers, are put up because some people came seen to follow the trail. I guess I just don't get it.

We've always carried trash bags on us to pick up trash along the trail. We have got to figure out how to keep people from trading the trail systems before we lose them all together.

Curt likes this.
  11. Curt

Curt Administrator

I agree, we see a lot of people riding where they shouldn't.

12. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Not that we have the issue out here so much, but it's amazing to me how so many people do not understand what personal property is. Then they act like since you own a large amount of it, you should grant them access to wherever they want to go- Even though they wouldn't appreciate me driving through their back yards, they expect to drive though mine because it's bigger....

During hunting season we've had issues with usually out of state hunters that will go across private property to get to a section of BLM.... When you asked them how they got their they just say their GPS led them there. As if they can blame a piece of equipment for trespassing.

We are at constant war in our state to hold onto our rights as property owners against those who seek to force us to grant access to public lands that are landlocked by private ground.

13. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

I spray weeds around wind towers....does it count that I remove something unwanted around green energy:D

DieselFume likes this.