1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Power vision cx or power commander v

Discussion in 'Full Size: 700, 800, 2009-2014 Model Years' started by roadkill, Jan 11, 2017.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. roadkill

roadkill Scott SXS Nation Regular

I'm thinking about doing a power commander v for my 2011 800 Crew and in the search for the cheapest dealer and available maps I came across Fuel Moto and see they have a Power Vision CX for my crew. Anyone have experience with one? It looks like you can adjust the fan on temp setting which is a huge plus but I'm kinda skeptical thinking this thing is more geared for the 900s.

2. roadkill

3. roadkill

I went ahead and ordered the power vision cx. As luck would have it I have a unique programming they haven't seen yet. Have to download a special firmware to read a stk file then send it off to fuel Moto to have the tune written. When it's all done I'll be tuned for no intake restricter and my fan temp set to kick on/off 10 degrees lower than stock.

4. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Keep us posted on how it performs.

5. DogRunner2

DogRunner2 Brian SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2016 RZR 900s

I've been waiting on some feedback from someone who used one

6. roadkill

I'm waiting on my tune to be sent to me. Hopefully I'll get it back next week.

7. roadkill

Received my tune yesterday and put it on the power vision cx but didn't have time to hook it up to the ranger. Tonight I put the tune on the ranger. Huge seat of the pants diff. Everything works great and the fan now kicks on at 195 and off at 185. Should really help keep things cool now. One thing I noticed was the engine has a throaty intake sound. I assume this from the removal of the restrictor and nothing to do with the tune. Fuel moto has been great to deal with. They always answer emails the same day and willing to answer any questions. Sent the stk file to them thurs evening and yesterday afternoon had my tune.

8. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

@roadkill So how many hp did they think they gained you? how much did it help the top speed?

9. roadkill

They never gave me a hp number. Not sure on the top speed yet. I put it on but only have driven around the house (20 ac). I haven't hit top end yet but from what I've seen I get there a hell of lot quicker now and my temps stay down lower than they've ever been. End of feb I'm going hunting again (axis deer) and I'll know more then. So far I think I'm at least to the 800xp power levels maybe a few more horses. Wish I had a dyno to know for sure. If I had to guess I think I'm putting out just a few more than a stock 800xp. Been wanting a 900 or 1000 crew and this mod put that want to sleep. As long as I have this performance level on a paid for machine the want is now gone. Now time to save for a new clutch...

10. roadkill

I used to never hit over 40 across my pasture and now I'm bumping on 40 and backing out of it due to dust in eyes and running out of runway. For under $400 it's worth the money IMO.

11. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

That's pretty impressive out of a crew! Imagine you could hit 50 or better out on the roads?

12. roadkill

Hopefully if the weather cooperates I'll find out my top end this weekend. Need gas so I'll probably drive it into town and give it a bath and top the tank off too. Used to hit about 45. Hoping to hit closer to 50 or just above. To me the ability to change the fan on/off temps was worth the money. Any hp or speed improvements is just the icing on the cake.