1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Price Check 2003 Honda Rancher ES

Discussion in 'General ATV/Quad Discussion' started by Bratton316, Oct 22, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Bratton316

Bratton316 Bratton SXS Nation Rookie

I am about to sell my 2003 Rancher ES to buy a UTV and I am trying to find a fair sell price for it. I found a trade in value of about $1200 but that seems extremely low even though its 16 years old. Currently it has front and rear add on racks along with a mount to hold a gun on the front. Mileage is about 3800 which is pretty low for its age. I have Gator mud tires on it that were installed when it was new but its never seen much much. We bought it from a friend 3 months after he bought it and put the tires on new. He purchased it and ended up moving shortly after and it had under 50 miles on it when we bought it. About a year ago we spent $500 to rework the electronic shift on the handle bar bc it kept getting stuck in 3rd or 4th gear and we had to manually shift down to neutral. I havnt found much online to compare prices for a baseline. Any help would be appreciated! I can add some pics this afternoon once I get it from my guy thats changing the oil and filters.
    Thanks

2. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

A lot depends on your area, anything is only worth what someone will pay for it! That said, in my area, folks are very skeptical about the electric shift trannies and tend to steer clear of them. If you have maintenence records that woul be a plus. In my area, around 1500- 1800 would be about the going rate.

3. Bratton316

The 4 wheeler found a new home for $2200.... SxS coming soon! =D

Rockin Ronnie likes this.
  4. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

I would say you done good! keep us posted on what SXS you end up with!

5. Bratton316

Paid the deposit on a 2020 Ranger XP 1000 today. Got a dang good deal I believe. A dealer 2 hours away asked what it would take for me to buy from them over a local one and I said 1k cheaper. He said done so $14,150 OTD. Going to be next week before I can go grab it tho but I feel like a great deal!