1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Questions On Riding In Colorado

Discussion in 'Western Region Riding Area Information' started by Arizona Flying Dutchman, Apr 24, 2016.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Arizona Flying Dutchman

Arizona Flying Dutchman SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris Ranger 900 Crew 5 EPS

Greetings All,
    Planning a trip to Colorado from Arizona this summer - haven't picked a specific location yet - depends on condo availability through the Armed Forces Vacation Club. Just doing some preliminaries on riding there. My 2015 Crew 900 is street legal here in Arizona and is licensed just as a motorcycle would be, and is fully insured as such. I also have my annual "off-road" tag on the plate as well, so here in Arizona, I can legally ride in any authorized off-road area or on public road systems.

Are there any SXS Nation members from Colorado that can shed some light on Colorado's ATV/UTV laws? Any advice on riding on public roadways or off-road trails would be very helpful, along with any other words of wisdom you might care to share regarding good places to ride. As a side bar, our Crew is not modified in anyway, so we have no winch and just standard ground clearance. We are pretty much just scenic trail riders and try to avoid any real rough or extreme stuff. Thanks in advance for any assistance and information you can provide.

Bill

2. wvyankee2

wvyankee2 Marty SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2015 Can Am Maverick XDS

3. wvyankee2

wvyankee2 Marty SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2015 Can Am Maverick XDS

4. Expat

Expat Larry SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

2012 Polaris Ranger 800XP

You should be good for the Alpine Loop area. You can legally make the complete loop since Lake City allows riding through now and your low clearance should not be much of a problem either there. I plan on spending a week in Taylor park and then going to Silverton a week later in late September.

5. Arizona Flying Dutchman

Arizona Flying Dutchman SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris Ranger 900 Crew 5 EPS

I'm going to get to work on an itinerary and take a good look at those place you both mentioned. Marty, Expat, thanks guys. I really appreciate the info.