1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Ranger 570 Full Size 28,000btu heater install part 3

Discussion in '[ Ranger ] "How to Videos"' started by DieselFume, Oct 3, 2017.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

2. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Seth Moderator

Side X Side(s):

Honda Pioneer 500
    Yamaha Wolverine X2 R-Spec

Nice video. Clear descriptions, not shaky and easy to follow. Is that the Faux Pro?

BTW - I would call that fuse an 'inline fuse.'

DieselFume likes this.
  3. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Yes, that is the Faux Pro!

I think some of my vids get shaky. more than I'd like anyway. You are correct. "inline fuse" would be a better description for sure! I always know what I want to say in a video until I start rolling it... then I draw blank! Need a teleprompter? :D :D

Piston Honda likes this.
  4. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Seth Moderator

Side X Side(s):

Honda Pioneer 500
    Yamaha Wolverine X2 R-Spec

The camera works well!

5. Sledder1

Sledder1 SXS Nation Rookie

Big thanks for your video. I was able to installed a heater by myself in big part to your explanation on your video. I also hooked into the bypass line available on the 570.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Piston Honda and DieselFume like this.
  6. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

Really happy it helped you out! I had a part 4 but don't know if accidentally deleted it, or if it's lost on my computer!. Did you use the same setup I did?

7. Sledder1

Yeah I am pretty sure everything its setup the same as yours. That bypass line is fantastic and I’m glad I didn’t have to hook into the normal coolant lines as I would have to wait for the thermostat to open. I don’t have a shut off valve for summer time but that’s okay, I plan on turning the fan on in reverse mode (if you want to call it that) and it acts like a second radiator blowing air over the heater core. If I turn the fan on the other direction it blows air through the ducting and into my cab. With it being placed under the hood I can’t even hear it when the machine is running. Occasionally I may be on a dusty trail so I will have to watch for dust accumulation.

I just don’t like the vents that came with my heater (they are square, don’t close and limited directional venting) so I am looking to get a couple round 2” dash vents that close with greater directional ability instead. Like the ones you see on most heater units like firestorm etc. But being in Canada shopping costs are the limiting factor but I will figure it out! Coupersproduct.com has the ones I like best so I can direct the air from the dash to the windshield for defrost.

Otherwise thanks again for the instructional video, it was of great help. I was intimidated at first but it’s a much easier install that expected and I would be able to install much faster the next time around.

8. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

If you're looking for Round 2" Vents for 2" ducting, would these work?

JEGS Performance Products 70608: JEGS Hot Rod Heaters | JEGS
    [​IMG]

I'd be cautious about putting a valve in to that bypass/coolant heater line. That bypass is there to ensure no air pockets form at the top of the engine, and you'd want to make sure your system is completely bled out before shutting off that bleeder line.

I'm going to leave mine open on my rangers, just for safetys sake.

9. BuckChain570

BuckChain570 Buck SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2014 Polaris Ranger 570

that is EXACTLY what I am looking forward. Well I like the newer models that are out there that have an automotive (ford) look, but those are great too. Thanks for sending me that, I didn't know about Jegs. Even comes with ducting and such. Shipping is half the cost of summit racing too. Thanks! you're the man

And I will not be installing a shut off valve either, especially in the line both of us are tapped into for the reason you already explained. I'm just leaving it and using my heater as a mini-rad in the summer time as I have 2 modes my fan can turn to blow air onto the heater core or away from the core.

10. Sledder1

Got my vents installed. Thanks very much dieselfume for your help!

[​IMG]

Seastacker and DieselFume like this.
  11. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

You are welcome! Looks good!