1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Ranger 570 holding up good so far!

Discussion in 'Full Size: 570, 900, 2013-2017' started by DieselFume, Aug 14, 2018.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Hey all, I know I haven't been around for awhile much, it's been a wild ride this summer. Spring was hard with an extended winter, that made it feel like there wasn't much spring at all. Summer came and is almost gone, and we will have to start thinking about falling winter again here soon. The 2017 Ranger 570 full-size machines that we purchased last October have been treating us very well so far,. My brother's just turned over 700 hours, while mine and my fathers are pushing 500 hours. Other than the water in the spark plug boot incident this spring their performance has been flawless for all three machines. Recently we have been building a lot of new fence about 7 miles last year, and so far this year we have gotten about 3 miles done. Hopefully we will get another five done this fall with 10 more to be done next year. It is impossible to think how hard a job it would be without these Rangers. I also I'm liking the fact that I have not been very busy fixing these machines as had become the norm with the older machines we let go. Even changing oil on these newer units is a breeze in comparison to the old 800. There are many things I really enjoy about this new model a few drawbacks but overall I think Polaris can be proud of this model. I am hoping this fall when things slow down to do a full review on this model with hopefully a video but just wanted to touch base and let you know how things are going with these newer units.
    20180814_194321.jpg

2. Curt

Curt Administrator

That’s great Adam! If they are holding up to what you put them through that says a lot!

3. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

They must have read your posts over the years and knew what to fix! Glad they are working out well for you guys!

4. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Could be! I know much of the good luck I credit to them being new still, but there are improvements.. I will most likely go through the drive clutches this winter just to see how they are holding up and to make sure none of them will fail on us through next year.

One thing for certain is, less parts means less problems. These things are VERY stripped down and leaves much less to go wrong.

The 570 is one waspy engine as well- I like it!

Do need to find some better HD springs for the front- Suspension travel up there is shorter than it should be from all the extra weight we have put on with the cabs and front grill guard/winch.

5. Ziggy17

Ziggy17 Rich SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

800 xp

is there a way to put a turf mode on a 570 ?

6. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

Ours are called factory equipped with it. Think the first year or two they were out they didn't have it.