1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Ranger Shade

Discussion in 'Ranger Nation' started by Jaybey, Oct 6, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Jaybey

Jaybey Joe SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris Ranger XP EPS 900

Being in the desert we need to carry our own shade. I started with a double layer of garden shade about 20 feet long. Then using 1.25” and 1.5” PVC pipe I made a collapsible support that fits in the lock-n-ride holes in the bed that stick up about 15” from the side rail. I used the PVC pipe by making three 1.5” pieces and two pieces of the 1.25” inside them.

The PVC slides thru the garden shade and is clamped in place. I am using telescoping tent poles on the outside ends with some place to anchor and hold it up. Seems to be working fairly well. Total cost is around $50.00 with the cost of garden shade and PVC. I did use lots of electric tape and Flex Seal to get the pipes to be snug in the lock-n-ride holes and inside the 1.5” pipe for stability.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019