1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Ravager 1000 oil change procedure

Discussion in 'Odes Nation' started by Mel, Nov 20, 2020.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Mel

Mel Mel SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2019 Odes Ravager 1000

I just bought a 2019 Odes Ravager 1000 with less than 300 miles. Oil was leaking from the oil filter housing. I had the shop replace the filter with an OEM and new o ring. It still leaks. Is there a tightening procedure on the bolts holding the cap on? Right now I'm afraid to use the machine.

2. Stevenayb

Stevenayb Steve SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2015 odes raider

Makes sure that all the surfaces are cleaned. Sometimes they put a sealant on the two mating surfaces and if you don't get all of it off it could cause a small leak

3. Mel

Mel Mel SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2019 Odes Ravager 1000

Of course, after I bought the machine is when I noticed the oil leak. The guys in the shop that worked on it for me told me that it had a sealant of some kind on it, apparently from the factory. That surprised me. It seems like if the parts meshed properly there wouldn't be a need for a sealant.

Thank you for your reply. I'll probably get into myself the next time. I will make sure all surfaces are clean

4. Chick

Chick Charles SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2019 Yamaha Viking and 2018 Odes Comrade (Major mistake. NEVER BUY ODES)

Welcome to Odes. Expect more of the same.