1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Ride Michigan Fall Ride

Discussion in 'Midwest Region Local Rides' started by Dave, Aug 29, 2018.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Brian A

Brian A Brian SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2016 Wildcat X Special Edition

Thats perfect !

2. cw_mi

cw_mi chuck SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2016 Polaris XP1K 2 seater

Looking forward to this. I hope that with all that rain last week we don't encounter any huge mud holes. I hate mud and my RZR is just RWD at the moment. We plan on meeting up with the group as you pass thru the Staging area at Turtle Lake and Old State. I'll be tracking using the Polaris Ride Command. It looks like if we leave the cabin at the same time we should arrive just ahead of the group.

3. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

It should be a good day for you guys. Weather looks to be cool and dry...perfect in my book. Hopefully the recent rains keep the dust down and be that perfect blend of damp trails with no large areas of standing water. Cant wait to see pictures.

cw_mi likes this.
  4. Brian A

Brian A Brian SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2016 Wildcat X Special Edition

What !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No Mud ? Not even a deep Puddle ;)

5. cw_mi

Side X Side(s):

Lol, generally try to avoid it if possible.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

6. Seastacker

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

I will usually hit them head on. At least until the water gets up to the seat.

Brian A and Curt like this.
  7. Curt

Curt Administrator

Oh ya gotta have mud!:eek::D

Brian A likes this.
  8. cw_mi

Side X Side(s):

Where is everyone at ? Figured i'd see the group light up on Ride Command.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

9. cw_mi

Side X Side(s):

How did the ride go ? We hooked up with the group briefly , things seemed to be going well even after the big mud bog on the side of Old State Rd. then after the group crossed over 489 it seemed to break up. We ended up following a few others but they seemed lost. Around that time we decided to just head to Atlanta on our own, since the quads were about at a half tank. We had lunch and as we left we saw part of the group show up. Was a little disappointed , for the brief time we were with everyone we had fun, and the group seemed to move pretty well.

10. Curt

Curt Administrator

That will happen if people don’t watch for the machine behind them. We always try to get people to do that but people get afraid they are being left behind and panic.

11. cw_mi

Side X Side(s):

Over 20 years of snowmobiling and this is rule number one when riding in a group. Many years ago I used to organize a week long trip in the Keweenaw , with anywhere between 10-15 people. I would just pound that into them, and with a small group like that I could also keep an eye on everyone. Double or triple it though and now you have to rely on people following the rule.

12. Seastacker

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

That was always the rule when snowmobiling and is the rule now. I think like Curt said, people just panic and keep the hammer down. I did not see any report if the ride command group thing worked. It seems like that may alleviate some of that for people.

13. PlumberSteve76

PlumberSteve76 Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 Can am Maverick
    2015 Can am Maverick Max

Yeah like Curt said someone didn't wait at a turn so it left us unsure where they went. We had a general throwing a belt code with no spare belt that had to stop and reset the code every 500 foot it seemed. I was leading the disconnected group trying to figure out the best way to get us all back together in atlanta. we made it just fine with only one turn around. I would however like to ask you that if you noticed we were struggling to find our way and you knew your way around well enough to get to atlanta ,eat and be ready to leave by the time we arrived why you wouldn't have offered to give guidance before you just left the group ?

14. cw_mi

Side X Side(s):

Well, we actually did pull up next to you, asked if everything was alright and got the thumbs up from someone in the group. There was just the General and a Ranger when we left. And honestly, after the cluster **** on Old State Rd. , then the group splitting up, and two of my group concerned on their fuel situation (which wasn't as bad as we thought) I was starting to get a little frustrated.
    And whomever had the Ranger...they were driving the **** out of it thru the trails, it was very impressive.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2018
  15. Seastacker

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Off topic here, but if you know the person on the General, let them know there is a fix for that code and resulting limp mode. I want to say it is a mis fire code that gets triggered by the belt due to an over sensitive sensor or ECU parameter. No idea why, but it seems to be a known (very frustrating) issue. I am sending my ECU in for the performance tune as well as the preemptive fix for this possible weekend ruining issue.

ECU False Misfire Code Fix 65590 65591 65592 All Polaris Models Stock Tuning

Piston Honda likes this.
  16. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Seth Moderator

Side X Side(s):

Honda Pioneer 500
    Yamaha Wolverine X2 R-Spec

I hope someone has some photos or video of this mud bog. Sounds interesting. I'll be riding in Atlanta this Saturday... maybe I'll see it first hand.