1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

RZR 570 Resurrection, do I buy?

Discussion in 'RZR Nation' started by DieselFume, Nov 10, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

So I'm looking at a local 2014 RZR 570- Not that I NEED one, but I'm thinking it's something that myself or my wife can use to come help me on the ranch if I get it bought right. But if I don't like it, I'd want to be able to resell it at a profit-

So the owner told me he parked it about a month back, he ran it low on oil and said the engine started knocking. Polaris quoted him a new or re-man engine as the solution. I'm guessing at around $3000 or more. He's got it priced at $2200, and I might be able to get him lower. The tires are OK, bighorns on the back, polaris ones up front. 6000 miles, which isn't terrible, but usually about the point where things start going south. According to him he was using it and things were great till the motor went.

Has a roof, rear panel, and windshield along with fender flares and rock guards.

I've done some looking and I can buy a HOT ROD crank/rod assy with gaskets and new piston/cyl on ebay for $700. So if I can get this thing bought and fixed for less than $3000, is there any way I get burned on this deal? Seems that it should be worth around 5k once running?

What do you guys think? Any 570 experts have anything to add on the engine repair? is it going to take more than what I'm thinking? 73089271_2372825839697821_2645757333883322368_n.jpg 75429327_2372823009698104_2510787015943913472_n.jpg

2. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

What is your own labor worth?

3. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

That's a good question. To do this job for a customer, I'm sure I would charge somewhere around $1,200 give or take in labor cost. But, in the winter time I'm going to have two or three months of extra time on my hands, and seeing as how I should have more time than money, labor shouldn't be that hard to come up with.

I just don't want to fix something that I'm going to hope to break even on. Even though I don't think that's quite what this is

4. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

Ken...that's a good one....working on my own stuff it's around $.25 per hour...Adam, I think the kids will love it.

5. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Guess I missed that this project was for the kids, when it comes to our kids, our labor is priceless !!

6. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

I'm not saying I'd buy it specifically for the kids, but it would be something my wife and kids could bring out to help me, or something I could run around in when I didn't need to storage space of a ranger. If I don't need it, I could sell it, but definitely want to buy it cheap enough that I could make some money on it.

7. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

I say buy it and fix it for that price. Maybe beat them up a little more on the asking too. It would be a fun winter project and I guarantee you, the wife and kiddos would love it.

8. Curt

Curt Administrator

I’d say it’s well worth doing. You start driving that 570 you’ll end up with a Turbo S with a trailer:D