1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

RZR 800 gas& spark no start

Discussion in 'RZR Nation' started by RodReinke, Sep 8, 2020.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. RodReinke

RodReinke Rod SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

RZR 800s

Hi guys we own a 09 rzr800 this weekend it ran for a few seconds and quit it has good blue spark and we pulled the injectors and their spraying good.we even tried starting fluid , not so much as a spudder, is it possible it sheared the flywheel keyway? a it does have compression

2. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

Any codes? could be a crank position sensor or ECU, not at lest popping has me scratching my head.

3. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

On top of what Pede said:

Not sure on the 800's, but a loose valve adjustment MAY cause this, or at least contribute and is worth a quick check. I would also check fuel pressure which should be somewhere in the 39-41 range (typically). There are cost effective EFI test gauges available online as well as at Harbor Freight. Compression check done?

PS....I'm sure its happened in a SXS, but I have not heard of a key shearing and causing this. Its one of the first places I go in old outboards and small engines, I just cant recall that ever being the issue on a SXS.

Keep us posted.

4. Quaddin4real

Quaddin4real Jason SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2005 Polaris Ranger 700 xp efi

I had this exact same problem on a 700 Ranger, it was the crankshaft position sensor. I had spark, removed the injectors and was spraying great. So I figured it was electrical and traced it down to the crankshaft position sensor. When I removed it, it was rusted and look terrible. I didn't consider my ecm/ecu as it was new.

Seastacker likes this.