1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Rzr XP1000 Roll over

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by Zim5804, Jul 9, 2018.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Zim5804

Zim5804 Mark SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2018 RZR Turbo
    2018 RZR XP1000

Hey all,
    We recently purchased 2 rzr 1000. Ones a turbo model, that’s the only difference. My son and a friend were riding hard like we normally would and rolled the machine over while navigating a corner a bit too fast as it turned out. Everything was still at the factory settings as the machine just had a touch over 10 hours on it. Tire pressures were set at 16 psi. Has anyone experienced rollovers in these machines? Do they typically tip easily? Questioning my purchases now, I don’t want to have to bay the things in the corners out of feet of rolling over and tearing up the plastics.
    Thanks

2. Zim5804

Side X Side(s):

2018 RZR Turbo
    2018 RZR XP1000

After further investigation, and more information brought forward from my son, it appears that it wasn’t any fault of the machine and totally drivers error.

3. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Hopefully they are ok. Funny how the truth comes out after a little while. I know I would not have been first in line to tell my dad I just rolled one of his new toys when I was younger.;):D

Rockin Ronnie and Zim5804 like this.
  4. Curt

Curt Administrator

Yeah honestly they are not easy to roll but can be done with enough effort. :eek:
    I’m just glad no one was injured. I’m not sure on your sons age but even the non turbo 1000 is very fast for a beginner in the SXS world, and if they are a teenager I would worry even more. The Turbo is an absolute beast to drive.

Zim5804 likes this.
  5. Zim5804

Side X Side(s):

2018 RZR Turbo
    2018 RZR XP1000

They both were good with nothing hurt but pride. My son and his friend are 18 and we all grew up on dirt bikes and 4-wheelers. It was my sons friend who was driving and he went into a corner and tried to slide tha back end through the turn, but the back true hit the berm and flipped the machine on the right side, where the bumper dug in and ignoring went on the front and twisted around and landed on the drivers side. It’s all good, we have insurance, so hopefully it all ends well.

Rockin Ronnie likes this.
  6. Jaybey

Jaybey Joe SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris Ranger XP EPS 900

Glad they are alright. I have been on two wheels a time or two doing the crazies too.