1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Sea-Stacker Official 2019 General 4 Build Thread!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seastacker, Sep 15, 2018.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Razor back infrared belt temp gauge installed! Took way longer than planned. To drill the hole for the sensor I had to take the secondary off and do it from the inside. I had to go there due to a metal plate further up that will mess up the senor. I ran the wire up through the center tunnel and zip tied to an existing bundle of wire.
    I’m not happy with the gauge location. There was really nowhere else to put it. I had planned to use a gauge angle shim to point it more toward me, but this gauge uses a locking ring instead of the usual u bracket method, so this did not work out.. I can see the gauge fine, but I am not thrilled. I took it for a spin in the neighborhood . It started at about 40 degrees and ended up at 120 after 10 minutes or so. It was interesting to see it creep up a few degrees after I shut it off. I think this gauge will be a really nice addition and if it saves one belt it will nearly pay for itself.

Nothing like tearing the cab and dash apart on a brand new machine. :eek::)

8C581ECE-1114-4761-9D60-642C18A7E393.jpeg 47D70FBA-67E5-4D26-B702-AC707C02442D.jpeg

Here is the infrared sensor in the housing at the rear rear of the secondary.

B3BD20D3-FA39-41BD-B89D-44F3A63A62DE.jpeg

Here the gauge is in the dash. I am leaving the dash open for now. I have a few more things I want to install and the access is nice.

68C3389B-D9D8-491A-88A6-E112BCF22AA7.jpeg A4DC5CC8-8499-4336-A423-FA1E6B3035AA.jpeg

2. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Happy new year!
    I needed a spot to mount my radio. I ruled out the roof because I may have something else going up there. The only spot left was the center cubby hole on the dash. Before I started heavily modifying the box, I made sure it was cheap in case it didn’t work out.
    I cut the back to allow the radio to sit back more. I mounted the bracket and drilled some access holes in the sides to install the mount screws. I still need to clean it up a bit and get some access for the wiring and antenna, but I think this location will work well. Easy access to the mic and the box should project the sound out a bit. Time will tell. If I regret this modification, the cubby box is less than $20 and back to square one.

6F73DA3E-A524-45CF-9D1E-CA4637FF91AE.jpeg E7A29E8D-AE24-40AB-8291-1F55B8F000BD.jpeg

Piston Honda, kscfire and Curt like this.