1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Searching for my first (very reliable) SxS

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by Andi, Nov 9, 2017.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Andi

Andi Andreas SXS Nation Rookie

Hi guys,
    my name is Andy and I'm from germany, bavaria. First I'm sorry for my english, I'm a bit out of practice.
    I love side by sides and now I want to buy my first one.
    On my list are: rzr 800s, rzr900s, wildcat sport, maverick.
    As you see, it should be a used one.
    Dealers are not directly in my neighborhood, so the machine should be as reliable as posible.
    Which of the named machines would you say is the best and the most reliable?
    Prices in Germany (for good condition):
    Rzr800s ~8-10000€
    Rzr900s ~ 13k+
    Maverick ~15k
    Wildcat sport ~12-15k
    Which machine would you recommend the most?
    My favorite one is the rzr900s, but how good/ reliable is the engine? The Arctic Cat has best value for money I think, but I heard that they have some problems.

Thank's a lot for your help :) Unfortunately the Utv scene is very small in Germany..
    Best regards, Andi

Rockin Ronnie and Piston Honda like this.
  2. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Seth Moderator

Side X Side(s):

Honda Pioneer 500

Welcome to the forum, Andi! I'm not sure which unit of currency you're using, but you can get a new Maverick for less than $15K USD. And my personal preference from the choices you listed is the Maverick. I have a 17 year old Sea Doo boat with a 2-stroke Rotax engine and that engine has been perfect. I just bought another Sea Doo boat with a supercharged Rotax and so far it's been perfect. :) I'm also thinking of getting a Maverick this Spring.

I currently ride a Honda SxS which is probably the most dependable but that's because it doesn't have enough horsepower to break anything. :D

I'm not sure what to think of the Arctic Cats now that they have been purchased by Textron. It may be a good thing but it's too soon to tell.

Most of the people here love their Polaris but I would get the Maverick before the RZR. That's because I've had a good experience with the Rotax engine.

Andi likes this.
  3. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Team SXS Nation

Side X Side(s):

Polaris General
    Polaris Ranger

Welcome to the Nation Andi!

What type of riding do you plan on doing? If you plan on using for some chores and work things along with playing then you should check out the Polaris General sort of a cross over type has the RZRS suspension and a small box with 1000 engine. I like the Polaris line but that's me have 0 issues with the ones I have had. I also hear the artic cat is not real dependable but as stated now they are owned by Textron so maybe better. witch ever one you get just look it over good and ask questions like service records maint. are they up to date and things like that. Looks of machine can say a lot about its upkeep. Let us know what you end up getting. Its really cool to have people here from other country's!

Andi and Piston Honda like this.
  4. offroadohio

offroadohio Donnie Team SXS Nation

Side X Side(s):

2015 Arctic Cat wildcat sport limited

as stated what you want it to do matter alot.

of the ones listed, I prefer a wildat sport, however if you want reliability just get a teryx

5. Andi

Thanks for your answers :)
    The currency in germany is Euro. 1 euro is about 1.2 $.
    I just wanna do fun and offroad riding, no work. I also have a dirt bike.
    This year i drove a rzr1000 and a used 2010 rzr800s. The 1000 was amazing, but I was also surprised of the 800.
    As a first sxs the 800 is great in my opinion. But it is a bit old.
    For me it doesn't matter if it's a ac, can am or polaris. I like all of them.
    The most important thing for me is reliability.
    If the arctic cat machines should be as reliable as the other ones, I would buy a wildcat sport.

6. Curt

Curt Administrator

Of your choices I’d go with the RZR900 but I think the Kawasaki Teryx is probably one of the most dependable machines out there.

7. DogRunner2

DogRunner2 Brian SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2016 RZR 900s

I've put 2600 miles on my RZR 900s with only regular maintenance.

Countrygirl777 likes this.
  8. Andi

First of all it's a freat forum :)
    Unfortunately the teryx is not available in germany but it looks really nice.
    Of course, I'm thankful for any suggestion:)

Piston Honda likes this.
  9. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, 3 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All doomed for hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Many of the mfgs you suggested will give you a reliable vehicle with a good service life.... my hangup is that in the USA, polaris parts are more widely available and cheaper on average. not sure how that stacked up in Germany, but I'd still be willing to bet that polaris replacement parts are cheaper there as well. The 900 has been out a long time with a great service record... that would be hard for me to turn away from.

Welcome to the forum!

DogRunner2 and Rockin Ronnie like this.
  10. Ken

Ken SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

2013 Ranger XP 900 Sunset Red LE. 2009 Ranger 700 XP Sunset Red

Andi welcome to the SXS Forum! Great place for lots of information. For the Record I will simply mention I have 2013 Polaris Ranger 900 XP LE now with 11,000 miles of trail and farm work. It has been one of the most reliable UTV's I have owned. Used I would stay away from any Polaris that say 800 due to the many electrical issues they had. The 900 series was a very well designed machine and should give you a great service life.